Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Export problem from Premiere

Options
  • 01-01-2011 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi, i am trying to edit up some video taken by a friend of mine. my exports from Premiere of the test shots i am doing all have this horrible flickering going on.
    as they say, pictures being worth words and all that, here is a vid of the problem.
    http://vimeo.com/18344682
    if anyone knows what is up with this, it would be great if they could tell me where to go to find the misbehaving setting. i really want to get this figured out. the camerawork is just beautiful. hate to see it so flickery like this. nasty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

ok, if anyone else has this problem, i found that frame blending turned off on each clip in the timeline fixes matters. dunno what frame blending does, but all appears to be ok now.

ok, no, problems are not fixed. latest footage from same camera, same days filming is presenting that crazy flickering in some places, and not in others regardless of frame blending being on or not. i have played with putting flicker removal on in the field options. still no good. seems to be related to the time remapping. but outside that, i do not know what is up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Do you know what frame rate it was shot at and are the project settings set up for this frame rate?

EDIT: Would I be right in saying that whenever you slow the footage down, there's no flickering?

the file is in 25fps format, but it was filmed at more like 50fps. it plays natively at half speed, so you have lovely slow-mo stuff. i dunno any further details which are not in the mp4 files. it was all filmed by a mate who knows what he is doing on his super classy camera.
    i rack it up to 200% in the time remapping when i want it to play at propper speed. then muck with keyframes to key speed back down to slow-mo (100%) for bits i want slow motion. so far, the flicker seems to be mainly in the stuff that is slow-motion. i.e. 100% speed at 25fps.
    my project is set up to be 25fps at 1080x720, same as original vid files are. when i render the sequence in premiere it flickers just like the export, so the flicker is something to do with the internals of premiere somewhere. files are fine before they go into premiere. i am not a film guy. i am a 3d modeller guy, so working with film is a new enough thing for me. thanks for your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Have you tried exporting it with different settings/containers/codecs?

Also, make sure your projects settings are all in line. (PAL,25i/p etc)

It could be that the video you are exporting is originally shot in progressive and your project setting is interlaced. I'm not sure if you can do this on Premiere but Avid allows you to change that without starting a new project, so I can't really say for sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement