Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Collection of Soup Bowls

Options
  • 01-01-2011 4:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭

These are nice

fiesta-cream-soup-bowls.jpg

But I want more.
    More.
    MORE.

Yeah jump......for my love.....of soup bowls.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

there's no soup in em.....booooo!!!!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Can you also use them for cornflakes?
    Or is that just frowned upon in soup bowl circles?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I love soup circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I once made twop.

I had cream of mushroom in one side of the bowl and tomato in the other.
    If you use a bit of cardboard to split the bowl and pour a different type of soup in each side then carefully remove the cardboard, the soup doesn't mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'm not souperstitious but the bowls in the OP *DO* appear to be arranged in the shape of the dread sigil odegra, associated with the Black Priesthood of Mu and which roughly translated means "Hail the Great Beast, Devourer of Worlds".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

I thought they were in a flight formation. When filled with hot soup, they do a Crazy Ivan into your lap. Then you do a funny lap dance. Have Video rolling , please!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I'll take 5 please Bob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

If you look at them upside down, they appear to be an inverted upside-down pyramid.

Hmm.....perhaps a "potage homage" to Minestronkhaum, the Egyptain goddess of soup and soup related artefacts?

Alternatively, they're war helmets for little people. Just turned the wrong way round.

Need more soup bowls though. Research grant is almost used up and I need something to show for 21 years of observing soup-based beverage receptacles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭X files

stoneill wrote: »
    I once made twop.

I had cream of mushroom in one side of the bowl and tomato in the other.
    If you use a bit of cardboard to split the bowl and pour a different type of soup in each side then carefully remove the cardboard, the soup doesn't mix.

Do you have any other combinations that dont mix as I have a party to host soon and would like to astound my fellow broth ers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I Like the Yeller one, it's preddy

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭charmer

They're... so. beautiful.

il_fullxfull.77643835.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Have a blue and orange one of these:

15475937_2584c92554.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

If they were made in America they'd be Souper Bowls