Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs around Longford

Options
  • 31-12-2010 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

I'm working in London but due to family circumstances I'm going to be back home here for a few months. Where's the best place to look for jobs in the county/town? (anything considered!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

You'll be struggling to be honest mate. :(

It's like a ghost town these days well it was since I left at the start of November.

what do you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pauro 76

fat__tony wrote: »
    You'll be struggling to be honest mate. :(

It's like a ghost town these days well it was since I left at the start of November.

what do you do?

Printing/graphic design. Worked for Turners and Longford News (bless its soul) so not expecting any work in that line. I'd definitely consider bar work or customer service. Been 5 years out of Longford and I've never known it so dead.

pauro 76 wrote: »
    Printing/graphic design. Worked for Turners and Longford News (bless its soul) so not expecting any work in that line. I'd definitely consider bar work or customer service. Been 5 years out of Longford and I've never known it so dead.

Good luck.

Is there any chance of you been able to return to your position in London if you'll only be home for a few months?

Good luck.

Is there any chance of you been able to return to your position in London if you'll only be home for a few months?

Absolutely, I'm a printing temp in London and have a good relationship with my agency, they'll be able to set something up for when I go back. My mum is very ill and could go any week now. It's now I'm worried about with rent and bills to pay in the UK and being not sure if I'm eligible for dole.

Absolutely, I'm a printing temp in London and have a good relationship with my agency, they'll be able to set something up for when I go back. My mum is very ill and could go any week now. It's now I'm worried about with rent and bills to pay in the UK and being not sure if I'm eligible for dole.

Try social welfare anyway and explain your circumstances. It'll do no harm.

Sorry to hear about your Mum. :(

I'm sure there's nothing worse than been away from home when a family member is ill.

• Advertisement

Try social welfare anyway and explain your circumstances. It'll do no harm.

Sorry to hear about your Mum. :(

I'm sure there's nothing worse than been away from home when a family member is ill.

Just to update on the situation. Won't get unemployment benefit for 12 weeks but can get emergency supplement from the Health Board. No idea how much is there, but it'll certainly help. And my mum sadly passed away Sunday.... :(

Sorry to hear that Pauro.

Just to update on the situation. Won't get unemployment benefit for 12 weeks but can get emergency supplement from the Health Board. No idea how much is there, but it'll certainly help. And my mum sadly passed away Sunday.... :(

Rejected. Absolutely beyond f*cked off. They told me only today I should've done gone for payments in the UK. They really should've told me when I came back mid December.

Advertisement