Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing & compiling in Eclipse help

Options
  • 31-12-2010 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hello,

I wouldn't be the most technological in the world, but I've got Java, Eclipse & plugins inc google ones installed and can make new android project in it. So I've made a new android project, and imported in my source code for compiling, all so far so good.

My new project now appears on the left of the screen, but I've got 100 warnings in the 'problems' tab near the bottom of the screen. Happily it still seems ok to compile.

The simulator is now running, and I clicked on the bottom arrow on it to show the list of application icons, but no sign of my app :( thoughts? (I've just closed it and relaunched simulator again)

Thanks,
    Elaine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Did you actually run as or debug as an Android application?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Also give us a flavour of the warnings your getting

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

My third year project is based around an Android App.

I'm using eclipse, my friend set up Netbeans to work with it.
    At this stage.. the only weakness I can see is that in netbeans you have to edit the R file yourself. .... but we've had a rake of problems in eclipse... like if you acidently compile the manifest rather then the code itself.. it'll generate an error report manifest.. and the project gets a nice red x in eclipse. Removing the error report does not get rid of the red x off the project... and the project will still run fine. Loads of problems like this.

Also I don't seem to be able to import an android project into eclipse. Which is odd... I can make one but not import one. We'll saying that, I can import it but it doesn't think it's an android project... just a standard java one... arghhh so frustrating. More then likely there's some magical easy fix to this.. it's just annoying having to go find an easy solution to evey problem that comes up in eclipse >.> /rant :D

That said.... I generally get on grand now that I know what not to do... live and learn and all that ;D

Advertisement