Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latency Sorted - New Problem Now :(

Options
  • 31-12-2010 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hey Gang, so I need your help big time, I am having horrible 'audio drop out' in Ableton.

I recently got the Nord Rack 2x and when I set it up in Live there was a delay. When I played live back with the midi notes from the piano roll it would play sounds from the nord but not in time, about a second off time which is horrible.

I changed the preference audio setup to ASIO and the delay wen't, the NORD now plays perfectly in time. Now however I get horrible drop outs. Nord On/Off I get these.

My Preference in Ableton is:
    Driver Type: ASIO
    Audio Device: Audio 8 DJ
    input: In 5/6line
    Output: 1(mono) & 2(mono) , 1/2 Stereo

HW Setup: SR = 44100
    Process Buffer: 512 samples

Ableton SR I/O: 44100
    Driver Error Compensation: 0ms

I updated my audio interface (NI Audio 8) and froze all the tracks in Ableton (this took F**king hours as I had compressors which where SC and you can't freeze compressors which are SC)

CPU in Ableton is now at an all time low of 15-25% after freezing compared to 50-80%
    Audio drop outs occur very frequently from when I press play.

I went through all the available settings for Processing Buffer, 32-256 and still audio drop outs. SR = 4100

I also use this interface to play music/videos/youtube from the computer also and there is no audio drop outs ever.

Please can someone help me or give some advice.

Thank You

Loko

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 loko90210

Update:

Played a project form Ableton with all the tracks frozen etc... here are the results

Ran a DPC Spike Checkers tool: "Your computer is running well and seems to be optimized for streaming. You will be able to run using 'normal mode' Max=482us"

CPU: 15-25%

I also messed around the with the error driver in ableton 0ms-300ms it improves it slightly at 100ms but still lots of audio drop outs.

Some of my settings in Ableton, you can also see the NI Audio 8 settings:

qrc8ed.jpg

Here is my MIDI settings, maybe something is wrong here?
    2hevped.jpg

Here you can see my project. I am playing the track which is usually at 50-70% CPU use but after freezing tracks you can see its only at 20%

You can also see the DPC spike checker, everything is ok.
    2agucjo.jpg

So why is there still bad audio drops? The orange/red 'D' in the top right hand cornor lights up every so often is well...

Thanks[/b]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

you dont have a control surface selected so you can remove the audio 8 midi ports from midi preferences tab, next to where control surface 1 and 2 are. then read the reply in the dance production version of this thread.

thats all from me for tonight, i'm off to a nye gig, i'll pop back to give a hand around lunch time tomorrow

I disabled all midi ports and removed the audio 8 midi ports from the control surface area.

I read the one in dance production, still no joy.

It's a computer and the DPC spike checker doesn't recall any spikes. Disabled internet (had the same problem on my laptop with Traktor, it worked) and still no joy.

Hope you had a good night, I'm hanging :(

Thanks

Advertisement