Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babylon Zoo - oh yes you read it right

Options
  • 30-12-2010 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Howdy peeps,

Today I find myself listening to Babylon Zoo's 2nd Album King Kong Groover and my god is it good. I've had this album for many years and I have listened to it countless times mind you this is the first time in about 3 years I have listened to the album.

Sure the lad cant hold a tune to save his life but damn the tunes were catchy and the hooks were out of this world. I think he could have succeeded as a song writer and producer for Babylon Zoo but just with another vocalist. The first album was great but slightly too political for my liking, the 2nd album has a plethora of songs that could each in there own right be lead singles. Call me crazy but its like I have redisovered the band today. Maybe its just that work is so boring to the point of feeling numb that a generally disliked band sounds okay to me today. Anyone else think the same about Babylon Zoo?

Comments

Jas Mann? Is that you?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

When the '90s revival kicks off in the next few years kids will prefer stuff like Babylon Zoo over the more respected bands from that decade!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

Ah Spaceman, what a classic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I'd love for 90s music to come back and wipe out all those hipster bands

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Does it contain any spherical songs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ValJester

Maybe its just that work is so boring to the point of feeling numb that a generally disliked band sounds okay to me today. Anyone else think the same about Babylon Zoo?
    I've never known anyone to express any great dislike of them, and I don't see anything special about them at all at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I must admit I didn't even know they had released a second album. I thought they had just tanked spectacularly after the first album (which was the one Spaceman was on). Was the squeaky-voiced bit used in a Levis ad or something? A bit like Stiltskin, everyone knew one song and then they were never heard of again :).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Malice_ wrote: »
    I must admit I didn't even know they had released a second album. I thought they had just tanked spectacularly after the first album (which was the one Spaceman was on). Was the squeaky-voiced bit used in a Levis ad or something? A bit like Stiltskin, everyone knew one song and then they were never heard of again :).

Stiltskin's Inside is the greatest song of the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Notorious, embedding is disabled on that video.

• Advertisement
Advertisement