Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing MOV files

Options
  • 30-12-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi,

I have recorded some clips with my Zoom Q3HD and want to put them together in one small video. The files recorded are MOV but I cannot find an editor that will allow me to edit these types of files. I'm looking for freeware if at all possible. The converters for changing the file type seem to completely distroy the quality within the video so I dont want to sacrifice the audio or visual quality. If anyone has any help then it would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭JDxtra

What about using the supplied HandyShare software that came with the unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭flameboy87

I was actually quite disappointed with the software that came with the camara. The HandyShare software is very limited in its uses. To be honest I expected much more from it but it only allows to trim videos and allows you to share them through youtube etc.. It doesn't allow you to edit videos or mix clips together or anything like that. What I want to do is use several clips and put them together in a larger video. I also want to be able to add a seperate audio clip but it wont allow me to do any of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

Adobe Premiere Elements will open anything and everything, it's cheap and there's a demo version available....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I take it you didn't get to download this last week for free, but its a fantastic package for converting mov and combining them.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭flameboy87

I'm gonna try download the trial version of adobe premiere elements and see how good it is, if its good enough i'll probably buy it. I'l get back to ye and let ye know how I get on. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Hi flameboy,

For converting your files try mediacoder http://www.mediacoderhq.com/ I've got great results converting .mov with it (infact converting anything works well) if you have a 64 bit machine there's a 64bit version

Also regarding software if you dont want to spend money try lightworks http://www.editshare.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=155&Itemid=203 its now free & is used by a lot of big filmmakers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sugar70

It doesn't allow you to edit videos or mix clips together or anything like that. What I want to do is use several clips and put them together in a larger video.Thanks,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 susam

Hi, flameboy87,
    I haven't owned an Free video merge edit tool, but i am using Aneesoft video converter, which not only can merge almost all kinds of video, but also crop, trim etc.

Advertisement