Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is htcsense.com so useless?

Options
  • 30-12-2010 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

It's been up and running a fair while now, but it's totally useless...

Anyone else have trouble with it 99% of the time? They should pull it, sort out the bugs and then re-launch..or else have tested it before it's release in the first place..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

When i had a Desire HD rom on my desire i signed up but it never worked properly and random bits were in a different language. I dunno whether that was the rom's fault or what

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Doesn't do anything great for me either. Every day or two I have a notification in my bar on my phone saying HTSense has recognised 258 new contacts. When I click it, it's the same contact repeated. If I accept them or ignore them or clear them it just appears back again in a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

It is awful- one of the big reasons for my upgrade was htcsense.com and all the features it promised!

About 40% of the features used to work, but only over WiFi.. now nothing works. Does anyone know if HTC intend on seeing this through or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 slawn

C.D. wrote: »
    It is awful- one of the big reasons for my upgrade was htcsense.com and all the features it promised!

About 40% of the features used to work, but only over WiFi.. now nothing works. Does anyone know if HTC intend on seeing this through or what?

Yes it's completely useless... htcsense.com was the reason I bought my HTC Desire Z, but when I tried to use it it doesn't work.... the only thing I can do is make my phone ring, no contacts backup, no messages etc... I tried deleting and setting up the account multiple times (I went to some forums to try to sort out my issues), but nothing works.... so I wrote to HTC and this is the response I got on 3rd of Dec:

Thank you for contacting HTC Support. Due to server maintenance and performance issues, we were forced to temporarily limit some of the services offered. Full functionality will return shortly. I hope that this solves your issue. Please don’t hesitate to contact us in the future with any queries.

I logged in to htcsense.com today and nothing has changed (for over a month) -this is what I see (file attached)...

I will be writing to HTC again today... extremely disappointed and pissed as hell as this was the reason I bought this phone - I would buy Samsung Galaxy if I knew this won't work....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 slawn

Just got response from HTC - useless bunch of f****
    I wrote an email to them telling that it is false advertising as working htcsense.com is a part of the product as advertised on their website and this is the response:

Thank you for contacting HTC Support. HTC is undertaking an upgrade to HTCSense.com in order to enhance the web experience for our customers, extend service availability and increase service quality and uptime. During this process, new user accounts will be entered into the upgrade program and will have access only to core features that protect and help manage your phone, including find my phone, call and message forwarding and lock and erase my phone. At this time we do not have a definitive time on when the other features will be available for your phone all i can suggest is that you can keep an eye on our twitter feed and also check your account. I hope that this solves your issue, please do not hesitate to contact us again in the future with any further issues you may have.

• Advertisement
Advertisement