Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turbo Bargain?

Options
  • 30-12-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

Was just dropping my bike in to Halford's (no smart remarks please!:)) to get Boardman disc brakes fixed again and saw the below offer. I don't have a clue about turbos, but thought I'd post it up given that they're claiming an over 50% reduction! Apologies for size of image if it's big. There were 8 in the Blanch store. "Elite Volare" fitness trainer was € 249.99 now € 116.99.
    30122010476.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

It is good value IMO, bought one last year for more than that. Its never €250 normally tho'... more like €180 I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭g0g

mloc123 wrote: »
    It is good value IMO, bought one last year for more than that. Its never €250 normally tho'... more like €180 I'd say
    As a matter of interest how do you find the noise levels from it? Is buying this enough or do you need something else to hold the bike up straight when you're on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

The unit holds the bike up on it's own. Sometimes they also come with a small stand for the front wheel to keep it steady and keep the two wheels at the same level. You can also use a phonebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Bought one in Carlow on Wednesday. As soon as I stop eating Quality Street and stodge I might even try it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement