Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In big trouble. Someone help please :(

Options
  • 30-12-2010 3:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I regularly use an online gay irish chatroom and have done for the past while. Anyway over the last few months I have being chatting this couple, they are always at loggerheads with each other and have an on-off relationship. They both know me by my first name. Anyway last week one of them came into the chatroom and posted up his estranged boyfriends personal details, mobile number, where he worked and even a link to his picture and claimed he was a paedolphile! So I seen it and asked him to stop and that it was very serious what he was doing. He had they had fallen out after a row and this was his revenge. He seems crazy. Anyway last night I was talking to his so called partner in the room (they don't live together and come on at different times) I told him the story and he seemed calm. He asked me how I knew all this and who I was, I just gave my first name. These men are both in their thirties and I am 21. One has wanted to meet up with me but I would never.

Anyway I was in the chatroom tonight with my usual name and a guy starts to IM me from the same area and was also the same age as me. He was all nice and we had a good chat and we agreed to exchange pics. He said he would send me his pic first and asked for my number. Sure everything seemed fine and I gave out my mobile number. Then my phone rang briefly with a private number. I look back to the chatbox where the guy writes back to me saying, 'thank you *****, you won't diss me again, my pimps will track you down in no time, watch out!' I answered, 'Is this a joke, why?' , he replied, 'it ain't a joke, see how we can find you, we will be in touch, bye'

Ok so maybe I played these guys or annoyed them but I am shaking right now from this. First thing tomorrow morning I am going to change my number. I am Meteor, can they track me down via my mobile number? The phone is registed in my name, can I have that removed? Please can someone help me.......I'm so terrified :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Really wrong place for this!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭TheRiddler

Yes it is extremely easy to track people down from their numbers. Don't bother changing your number once they have the first one it's only a matter of time before they find you and presumably rape you violently and repeatedly. I suggest you change your identity and go in hiding in another country. Or join a gay circus whatever you lads do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

lol at the sad winking smiley face :D

edit - Hey :( why did you edit that out...;(

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭wealthyman

I know but just if someone could help me so i could get some sleep, thats why i posted here because of the quick replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

not sure if serious....... unsure whether to lol or not, please I need help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Serves you right for being on gay chatrooms sure they're all mad them folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I don't know OP, I doubt Meteor would give out your personal details?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

You need the gay-team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

He's just an idiotic weirdo; ignore him and it should stop. If it doesn't just change your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I don't want to alarm you but i think you might be gay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

tg;dr :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Call 1800-trolls r us and they may be able to help you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Here is some good Advice...!!!!!

1. Make sure to Delete your phone number staright away, And change it and get a brand new one, Also i dont think its Possible to track mobiles Anymore, it might be but It seems unlikely.

2. if you have a account on that Website delete that aswell, And create a new one Under a new name, And Only give out Limited information.

3. Also If things Get worse Come back and talk to me Again or whoever you want to talk to about it, Just be careful from now on. Things will get better once you get These two steps done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Yes they can track you down with just your mobile number. it's not that difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

First off op you do not want to ask in here. Trust me.

Secondly, if you are genuinely scared then i suggest that you contact the police.

I hope you get everything sorted but i'm going to have to lock this thread. If you need to ask me anything then feel free to send me a pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement