Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books for an e-reader

Options
  • 30-12-2010 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

So I received a Sony e-reader for Christmas. I'm having trouble getting books for it and wanted to see if any other Boardsies had one. So far Project Gutenberg has been good for classics but for modern books I'm finding it tough.

The first 6 or 7 books I looked for didn't seem to be available in epub format. When I did find books I had trouble buying them. The partners they recommend are Waterstones and WH Smith. WH Smith wouldn't let me buy outside the UK. Waterstones flat out wouldn't accept my card but didn't give a reason, just an error code. In the end I tried Easons, which was way more expensive and didn't seem to have as much of a selection.

So at the moment the ereader (or the lack of books available) is p!ssing me off. Tell me there is an easier way of getting books. Is there a way of getting WH Smiths to sell to me? Is there another well known site that I haven't heard of?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've a Sony PRS-505 and I use booksonboard.com

I'm signed up to Google Checkout with a US address (just some hotel I stayed at once), so I can get most of the books. I used to use diesel-ebooks.com but they have some truly awful stuff (crappy chick lit dressed up as thrillers), so it can be very hit and miss unless you know what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I bought some books for xmas for my sisters PRS-350 from waterstones, no problem.
    bookdepository.co.uk also do e-books.

Advertisement