Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found out my brother is gay and I am should I try and be straight?

Options
  • 30-12-2010 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi! I an 18 year old guy and I am really lost. My brother is 29.
    This is what happened.
    Well basically My brother was home for x-mas about a week be4 x-mas day and was staying in the spare room. I keep books and old note copies for school in there. So basically. I was doing my exams and wanted to grab a few copied before I went into school so I went into the room and grabbed the copies I thought were mine. When I got into school I opened one of the copies and the first words that popped out at me was ''I told him I was gay''. I flicked to another page and and I found a list of people who he had came out to and was planning to and my family is next. I know now my parents won't really want him to be gay at all.
    I know now that since my brother will prob come out in the next few weeks or so and and my parents will be looking at me for grand kids and to keep on the family name. I actually feel like I have to get married to a woman and have kids to make them happy because If they knew that they created two gay kids they would feel like failures and I don't want that because I really love my them and they mean so much to me.
    I was trying to accept my sexuality but now I feel like I have to stop and be straight!
    What should I do?
    Be honest I don't really mind what ye say and I'm posting here in after hours because I wanted to get more opinions than just jumped around and be gay!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Just be honest! You don't have to please your parents or anyone - just yourself!

Also, keeping lists of who he has come out to is just weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

How do you feel about incest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

My brother and my sister are gay it happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Check this out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement