Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My clever, witty , beautiful friend lost her life on Monday

Options
  • 30-12-2010 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

An amazing beautifu, clever, witty, loving young woman died on Monday.

She was my friend and I loved her very much. I am finding this particularly difficult because we where friends when we lived in London and I now live back in Ireland and nobody I know in Ireland knows her. I want to go to her funeral in the UK but I dont know if I can afford it!!! how pathetic is that!!! she is more important than bills but im scared of the consonances of not paying my bills if I go!

Everyone here is very understanding, but they did not know her. She was my good friend and I loved her dearly. I would like to be around people who felt the same.

sorry for rambling................................................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Kelda09

First off OP, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, Its a very difficult experience to go through. The financial side of it though, have you anybody you could borrow the money for the flights from, pay them back each month for a while?? Im sure you don't like the thought of borrowing from friends, but likewise Im sure your friends here would help you out if at all possible and especially if they knew how upset you feel.

I lost one of my best friends nearly a year ago, and like you, it was a situation in which very few of my other friends knew him and knew how fantastic he was or how close we were. Due to that, like you I felt I could not really talk about him and my grief, I felt I would be boring my friends, or making them feel bad or making them think I was a drama queen. PLEASE, PLEASE do not make that same mistake, After I spent time internalising the grief, and "trying" to deal with it myself, It all came to a head. When I eventually talked to one of my friends, she just listened as I told every story about 'us', things he said, what we did etc... The relief of finally just talking was unreal, but what is making me write this is the fact that my friends couldnt help me through my grief until that time because I would not let them.

I know your friends here may not have known your friend in england (Who by the way, sounds like a lovely person!) but they know you, and love you, and will want to help you, so talk to them and let them help you through this.

Im sorry I am not any real help to you at this stage, but your post struck a chord with me and I felt I should reply, I hope you find it some help. Take care of yourself, and let yourself grieve fully for your loss. My thoughts are going to you. x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Hi eilo1,
    I'm so sorry that you have lost your good friend. Even more sorry that you are so phsyically isolated in your grief. I second what Kelda advised and try to borrow the cash to go, I don't know if the credit union is open this week but you could approach them.

Take care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭killerking

eilo1 wrote: »
    An amazing beautifu, clever, witty, loving young woman died on Monday.

She was my friend and I loved her very much. I am finding this particularly difficult because we where friends when we lived in London and I now live back in Ireland and nobody I know in Ireland knows her. I want to go to her funeral in the UK but I dont know if I can afford it!!! how pathetic is that!!! she is more important than bills but im scared of the consonances of not paying my bills if I go!

Everyone here is very understanding, but they did not know her. She was my good friend and I loved her dearly. I would like to be around people who felt the same.

sorry for rambling................................................

Air fares are cheap enough and you could book yourself into a cheap hotel when you get over there. Trains and buses are reliable enough. Unless you are absolutely flat broke it shouldn't cost an arm or a leg.

Advertisement