Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldfish in tank, quick question

Options
  • 29-12-2010 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

HI, I have 4 goldfish in a tank, 60x30x30cm, with the filter running and some gravel and a fern, they are in the tank now about a month but due to current water situation my water is really not fit to to use to change their water, they are currently lurking around the top of the tank very close to the top of the water with a few days, is this an indication that the water does not have enough oxygen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

Put a post up on www.irishfishkeepers.com -> good, friendly bunch of people who will help you out. There is a coldwater/goldfish section.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Theres an aquarium section above this if you want to post there too. Might have better luck as its an assigned forum for fish keepers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Have you got air bubbles in the tank?If not you need to get some xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

I'm no fish expert but I have a similar size tank and water problem so I bought a 5 litre bottle of still water in Tesco for less than 2 euro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

move the filter toward the top if possible or direct flow to ensure there is plenty of surface movement of the water. this is far more effective at getting O2 into the water than bubbles.

bottled water (the cheapo tesco 2l stuff) should be fine for changing if needed. The water would need to be changed more due to the buildup of Nitrate rather than lack of O2 though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement