Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!! Hotels

Options
  • 29-12-2010 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Me and my boyfriend are planning on going to london for a weekend but are on a bit of a budget. It would be great if someone could suggest a good hotel or apartment?
    Another thing is, we're kinda stuck on where exactly to go. Neither of us have been to london before so we dont really know. We heard Hyde Park was good because there's a good atmosphere around for young people, but i thought Westminster was in the centre and that would be best... I just don't know!! :confused: haha
    Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You can get pretty much anywhere quickly on the tube.
    What do you have planned in London? Drinking, shopping, Museums?

There are loads of Hotels around so it's hard to recommend one in particular. One good area to look is Earls Court. There are a lot of small hotels around the corner from the tube station. And it's in Zone 1 so that should keep costs down in you plan on not venturing outside this zone.

It's on the Piccadilly and District Lines. You're two stops from the Museums in South Kensington on either line, and about 10-15 minutes to Piccadilly Circus and Covent Garden for shopping. Hyde Park is on the way also so you can stop by Harrods etc.

You can take the Northern line up to Camden town if you're after a bit of madness.
    I'm not much of a drinker so I'm sure someone else will be along to point you to the best watering holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

If you are on a budget, well sometimes you can get good hotel deals in the financial area of London on weekends as all their business is mid week. Liverpool street, Aldgate etc... only a short hop to central london. Worth a look. Early bird menus in Chinatown offer great deals or any Indian for that matter. Tate modern is worth a look.

Advertisement