Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas: The Thread

Options
  • 29-12-2010 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭

So you should have all of your presents opened by this stage, what did everyone get cycling wise ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

My wife bought me one of these. Absolutely chuffed with it. Went for a spin in it yesterday and very happy with it. Anything nice yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Sidi Genius 5.5 road shoes for me. No more mtb shoes and SPDs on my Focus. Very very happy, great job mrs. Superfreak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

A rapha voucher, which I spent in the 30% off sale with an added 10% off loyalty bonus. Class.

Junior wrote: »
    So you should have all of your presents opened by this stage, what did everyone get cycling wise ?

BTW, what did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Junior

ROK ON wrote: »
    BTW, what did you get?

My wife bought me a headache ....

• Advertisement

Nice problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Is that a bad thing?? :confused:

I got a new crankset, bottom bracket, gear cables and tyres :D

I also got this but it hasn't arrived yet.

http://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=5801&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

new panniers and helmet bought with money i got, main present was a weather station

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Junior

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Is that a bad thing?? :confused:

I got a new crankset, bottom bracket, gear cables and tyres :D

I also got this but it hasn't arrived yet.

http://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=5801&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1

:D

It's the best present I've ever got, but I've got to find funds for Groupset, finishing kit, wheels etc. Just have to get down the docks and show the good leg more often..

That's some knife btw..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

I got a pink cap which I'm not allowed wear in or near the house. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I got nothing.

If I had a receipt, I'd be giving her back:rolleyes:

I thought I'd get something nice this year, seeing as I had this under the tree for her last year as a complete surprise!
    IMG_1560.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Got one of these.
    31799.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

My Better half got me oakley Jawbone customs and some FSA bars and Santini Leg and knee warmers. She is also letting me use her BTW to buy a new frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭g0g

I got a £ 50 Wiggle voucher! Just waiting on a GPS sale to pick up a Garmin Edge or else just the Cadence Sensor thingy! Was contemplating investing in one of them turbo yokes, but I just don't get them (yet!)!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

A Fenix TK11 for me. Testing on the commute home this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

A new jersey.
    GO21009-1.jpg
    Now I've to find a new bike to match the colour scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

UPS have my present to myself impounded until the 4th of January cos all their lazy staff called in sick and they've no-one to drive the trucks :rolleyes::mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

My flatmate got me one of these:

tobar-ltd-classic-bike-horn.jpg

that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Im yet to get mine but she has been eyeing this set up for me (out of stock in Eire for the past while) - 1244727360424_1161780302689_new_SILVIA_RO.jpg

I like, well love my coffee but even this might be a bit much for me!!

Anyone here have or know much abiout the Rancilio Silvia by any chance and could they state if its worth €450!! Id near get a Zipp900 for the cost of those!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

If you getting the grinder & coffee machine your talking close to €1,000.

- I'm hoping to upgrade my current coffee set-up to this in the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Getting a voucher for bike24 and going to spend it on some dynamo lights and some other random bits and pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Got the cadence sensor for my Garmin, just need to find some time to set it up.

Advertisement