Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday Night Rings

Options
  • 29-12-2010 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Here is a good one.

My mate Aimee works in the local jewellery shop. Over the past few months she has noticed numerous men coming in and buying fairly cheap wedding type rings. This went on for a while, eventually a sort of civil fella was buying a ring and she asked if he would mind telling her what it was for.

Yer man give her a wink and says, "it's a friday night ring, I'll put it on before heading out." Turns out that men are finding it much easier to "pull burds" when they give the impression that they are married.

I spoke too a male friend about this and he says, "yeah, love. Friday night rings"

Classic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

If that's true then there must be a lot of pathetic women out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Here is a good one.

My mate Aimee works in the local jewellery shop. Over the past few months she has noticed numerous men coming in and buying fairly cheap wedding type rings. This went on for a while, eventually a sort of civil fella was buying a ring and she asked if he would mind telling her what it was for.

Yer man give her a wink and says, "it's a friday night ring, I'll put it on before heading out." Turns out that men are finding it much easier to "pull burds" when they give the impression that they are married.

I spoke too a male friend about this and he says, "yeah, love. Friday night rings"

Classic.

So Hayley do you think women are sluts who go for married men?

Discuss your answer please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Ah, nothing to do with Sunday morning ring after Saturday nights curry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Sounds like someone is being wound up, OP ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I do something similar myself, i bring kids out to a nightclub with me. Women seem to love it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

KeithM89 wrote: »
    I do something similar myself, i bring kids out to a nightclub with me. Women seem to love it...

Yea, the smell of a **** laden nappy really turns em on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 HayleyLyons1

So Hayley do you think women are sluts who go for married men?

Discuss your answer please

Yes.

Forbidden fruit and all that.

Yes.

Forbidden fruit and all that.

it's not forbidden though, is it? They can still go for it....it's more the temptation of becomming a home wrecker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Bullsh!t.
    Men don't become more attractive if they have a ring on their finger. If you're an ugly looking pr!ck with the personality of a wet dishcloth then no ring will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Bullsh!t.
    Men don't become more attractive if they have a ring on their finger. If you're an ugly looking pr!ck with the personality of a wet dishcloth then no ring will sort you out.

Alright thanks for that advise. For a few seconds I thought this might be a way for me to score in coppers but no. So its back to internet dating and how to become a pick up artist books for me.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Bullsh!t.

Tell that to pope Benny.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Wouldn't mind getting a bit of some chicks ring on a friday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Tell that to pope Benny.

It doesn't have any effect on altar boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Ah, nothing to do with Sunday morning ring after Saturday nights curry.
    lmao that was what I was expecting

Thread fail IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Nah I know of a fella who does this!

Woman folk generally are attracted to men folk who have other woman folk around them.

Both woman try to get with fellas who have GF/Wifes etc more so then single fellas or something along those lines

Alright thanks for that advise. For a few seconds I thought this might be a way for me to score in coppers but no. So its back to internet dating and how to become a pick up artist books for me.

:(

Pulling in coppers eh? Try having your penis coming out the zipper of your trousers then thrust in the direction of the girl you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Bullsh!t.
    Hey, what about a hypnoring?

Wouldn't mind getting a bit of some chicks ring on a friday night!

I always thought you were a gent :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Bullsh!t.

There goes my chance of pulling...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Ah yes, this old gem! It features as tip #453 in the Rapist and Serial Killer's Handbook available in all evil book stores

RRP: Your Soul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Reminds me of one Valentines disco thing I went to years ago. One of those traffic light ones, basically Green meant you were available, amber meant you were not entirely available or taken and red meant off limites as already in a relationship.
    I followed the theory that women couldn't resist the idea of the red light carrying guy who basically should have belonged to someone else. I was only about 18 or something but I shifted 2 different girls on the night, both of which were wearing green circles.
    Now, that was when I was only 18 so I imagine if you apply the same theory to women in ther twenties, then you'd be right in thinking its a faster way of accessing snatch!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Kiera wrote: »
    I always thought you were a gent :(

I can be, but I also have the tendancy to be rather brash when it comes to tongue in cheek remarks such as that.

Sincerest apologies for any discomfort caused m'lady!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

eventually a sort of civil fella was buying a ring.

Civil, how?

I can be, but I also have the tendancy to be rather brash when it comes to tongue in cheek remarks such as that.

Sincerest apologies for any discomfort caused m'lady!

:P you totally fell for that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It’s a psychology known as the "Wedding ring effect" which, though it hasn’t exactly undergone rigorous scientific testing, holds that unavailable dudes attract more attention from ladies.

http://www.scienceblog.com/community/older/2000/D/200003128.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 HayleyLyons1

Seloth wrote: »
    Nah I know of a fella who does this!

Woman folk generally are attracted to men folk who have other woman folk around them.

Both woman try to get with fellas who have GF/Wifes etc more so then single fellas or something along those lines

You've got a point. A fella with a girl is ten times more attractive to other women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Yep this works apparantly. The only thread I ever started in AH was on this topic

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055955200

Kiera wrote: »
    :P you totally fell for that one :D

heh, sure all i was missing was the :rolleyes:, but i'm not so fond of that ;P

You've got a point. A fella with a girl is ten times more attractive to other women.

Maybe to you. Not to all girls. What's the point chasing someone that's already taken? There are plenty hot single guys out there.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Pulling in coppers eh? Try having your penis coming out the zipper of your trousers then thrust in the direction of the girl you like.

Alternatively start talking to a girl and try to seem interested. Then you slap her on the arse.

Advertisement