Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus hatchback Ghia

Options
  • 29-12-2010 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the reason why second hand ghia hatchbacks are so hard to come by? The saloons are ten a penny but the hatchback is rarely found in the ghia trim???

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Rare ok. Ireland seems to have a fetish with saloons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

the hatch is as ugly as sin?

you know ford and their special offers, it could be any number of reasons, nicely spec'd car if you can find one though.

did they make the mk1 in the 'steel' trim? that would be the pick of the litter.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Don't think the mk1 offered 'steel'

shame, they usually made bargains.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

andyseadog wrote: »
    the hatch is as ugly as sin?...

It looked better than the saloon imho.

• Advertisement

It looked better than the saloon imho.

i dont know. i like all the focus range, quite well proportioned cars, just the mk1 5 door really doesnt do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

UK import would be your best bet.

andyseadog wrote: »
    i dont know. i like all the focus range, quite well proportioned cars, just the mk1 5 door really doesnt do it for me.

3 door was my favourite, I had 2 of those, and an estate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The MkI Focus hatchback was never offered here in Ghia trim as there was little or no demand for it due to the price and Ireland's fondness of small saloons. Ford initially sold the MkI Focus saloon in 1.6 litre Ghia spec only, though there was a 2.0 litre available for a short time. The idea was that the MkI Focus saloon would fill the void left by the then dropped 1.6 litre engine in the newer bigger MkIII Mondeo range. The MkI Focus saloon was roughly the same size as the older MkII Mondeo.

The MkII Focus was offered in Ghia trim in both hatchback and saloon in Ireland from 2005.

• Advertisement

just off the top of your head that?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I owned a 2005 Focus Ghia hatchback for 2 years. I usually do a bit of background research before buying a specific car.

Advertisement