Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend a good Washing Machine repair guy? Or are you one yourself?!

Options
  • 29-12-2010 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

So long story short had a load on last night and noticed water coming out from the bottom of the door no real problem me thinks so push the door at the bottom a touch and go to get mop. Washing machine then just stops and there is a faint smell of burning from it. Now it won't go on and as there is some water in it can't open the door to get the clothes out so need help!

So fellow boardies do any of you know any lowish priced repair men or anyone here themselves willing to have a look? I'm not looking for it to be done for free i will pay but also don't wanna have to live on Tesco noodles for a fortnight!

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated (even if someone is selling an old (but working)one!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I have a guy calling with me today and I'll send you his number by PM

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Nice one smashey i'll give him a shout now when the canteen clears

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭nonsmoker

I had a problem with my washing machine not long ago, like yours there was still water in it and I couldnt get the door open and the clothes out.

If you want to get the door opened, take the hose out from the back of the machine and let the water drain into a bucket, it doesnt take long and at least you can get the clothes out.

Up until about a year ago I was using a washing machine that was 16 years old, very little trouble with it in all that time. Eventually had to get a new one, have had someone out to fix problems 3 times now - they dont make things to last like they used to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,924 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'll PM you a name and number for a man I have used a few times in the past. He's in Letterkenny actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Cheers for the numbers and tips guys gonna drain it this evening and see what that does to my nerves/floor and the machine itself. After that if still nothing I’ll give the 2 lads a ring and see what they say. Don’t wanna call them out and it being something simple!

Cheers again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I thought you were renting? If so phone your landlord asap.... if you say your floor is flooding as opposed to the machine wont open, they will get someone out right away ;)

Advertisement