Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNK Vs Capcom.

Options
  • 29-12-2010 7:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

I hear plenty of talk regarding Capcom vs SNK but little of SNKs take on the cross over. I recently got this game and have not made my mind up on it. It feels weird having SF characters play like SNK fighters. I like the story mode due to the dialogue events but there is a woeful lack of stages.
    It makes me wonder how SF characters will play in Tekken vs SF.

Anyone else play this game? Opinions?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Never went out of my way to try it. Watched a few yt vids and it didn't look fun.

Also Guile's hair. WTF? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Pretty sure I have this somewhere... but it's been years since I've played it. Sairus probably stole it. It was okay but it never really caught my attention. I don't think I ever finished it with anybody.

Best thing about it is the thick Japanese accents. Cammy's "Mission-a-complete-a-sah!", Chun-Li's "Speennin-geberde-keeck!" and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Gave this a quick spin the other day.All of the Capcom characters look like skinny lanky junkies. It does have violent ken in it though( an evil ken who bison has brainwashed)

[Embedded Image Removed]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's fairly rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Guile's Sonic Boom is proper broken in it.
    This goes hand-in-hand with my actually being able to charge on pad in it.

OTOH I found the loading times frustrating, and the game just not as good as CvS2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Is that the "Chaos" game we were messing around with at "Terry's day in the park", which forced you to endure weirdo rubbish plot sequences between matches?

That was pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

But it has Mars People as a playable character! Pure win right there! :D

Plus Dhalsim's voice. What quality. "Yoa FiyA" Though I did like the way his belly inflates just befre he launches a flame attack. He looked much more liquidy in general in the game.

And Demitri is in it, so you get to Midnight Bliss loads of characters you dont normally see :)

Aside from that the game's fairly rubbish though.

Sairus wrote: »
    And Demitri is in it, so you get to Midnight Bliss loads of characters you dont normally see :)

That was very strange.

Girl Akuma looked kind of like Misty from Pokemon.

Ken's bridal ballgown was pretty fabulous though. New alt costume?

I love how Hugo is wearing Poison's outfit in his one :D I'd never actually noticed that before XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I've being playing quite a bit through emulators lately and I have to agree, it kinds of sucks. For one thing, move priority is messed up, it is way too easy for the computer to stuff a Super with a freaking JAB punch. ( Yeah, try doing that in SSFIV )

A pity cos some of the graphics are quite nice and so is some of the music as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

But it has Mars People as a playable character! Pure win right there! :D

Plus Dhalsim's voice. What quality. "Yoa FiyA" Though I did like the way his belly inflates just befre he launches a flame attack. He looked much more liquidy in general in the game.

Aside from that the game's fairly rubbish though.

.................. .................... .................I think my head just exploded............ .............

Another disgraceful crossover game, Capcom Fighting Jam gave Capcom's take on a bunch of the Street Fighters getting Blissed too :)
    Generally not as good as the SNK ones, but Guy's is great and Ryu's is a brilliant semi-obscure reference.

Demitri should get some sort of award for weirdest superpower ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Another disgraceful crossover game, Capcom Fighting Jam gave Capcom's take on a bunch of the Street Fighters getting Blissed too :)
    Generally not as good as the SNK ones, but Guy's is great and Ryu's is a brilliant semi-obscure reference.

The worst thing is about CFJ is that it was originally going to be a Final Fight Street Fighter cross over and looked promising. What we got was the manky left overs called Capcom Fighting Jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Actual Geese combo in SVC Chaos: standing C, f+D, standing C, f+D, standing C, f+D, standing C, f+D, standing C, f+D, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Gave this a quick spin the other day.All of the Capcom characters look like skinny lanky junkies. It does have violent ken in it though( an evil ken who bison has brainwashed)

[Embedded Image Removed]

Technically that's how they would look in real life. Ken and Ryu are supposedly 5'10-5'11 and weigh 160 and 170 ish not 285 like Capcom draws them as.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Technically that's how they would look in real life. Ken and Ryu are supposedly 5'10-5'11 and weigh 160 and 170 ish not 285 like Capcom draws them as.

Give me Capcoms graphical style and animation any day,Big bugger cool sprites with crazy unrealistic proportions.
    That being said, I remember the first time i saw SF4 I thought the cast all looked ridiculous,like fat stumpy midgets compared their representations in the other SF's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

That being said, I remember the first time i saw SF4 I thought the cast all looked ridiculous,like fat stumpy midgets compared their representations in the other SF's.

I still think that, though the later additions tend to look much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Great concept, well executed.
    Music was a bit depressing.
    The characters looked that way to keep consistency. And im glad they changed their looks as previous game mashups kept using the same sprites. [not a direct example but look at morgan in all them games]
    Pity hitbox's were not accurate and i think an infinite or two was found? People turned down the game without even trying it, for the laugh even

1088720024.jpg
    Thread title should read SNK VS CAPCOM : CHAOS

SNK VS CAMPCOM was this
    Capcom%20Vs.%20SNK%20pro.jpg
    unless this is what the OP was on about

• Advertisement

What.

We clearly understood it to be SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos, and *not* Capcom vs SNK Pro.

Also you know why Morrigan's sprites were never updated -- too much 2D animation = too much work for Capcom's staff to bother with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    What.

We clearly understood it to be SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos, and *not* Capcom vs SNK Pro.

Also you know why Morrigan's sprites were never updated -- too much 2D animation = too much work for Capcom's staff to bother with.

dont bother with a new game then
    3+in+1+Lego+Batman+Black+Legendado+Marvel+Vs+Capcom+2.jpg

Advertisement