Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

counties meeting point

Options
  • 29-12-2010 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

hey

i was just wondering if theres a sign or plaque near rooskey to show the point of the 3 counties meeting???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭X1R

As far as I know there is no such item to show "you are here,here & here!". But then again I haven't travelled on that road for a while now.
    Sorry.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Would that meeting point not be out in the middle of the shannon?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

AFAIK its up the Longford road about a mile. There is a small road turning up to the right heading for longford. Its actually the old road as it brings you back out on the main road again.

Thats where the Longford/Leitrim border is..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Would that meeting point not be out in the middle of the shannon?!

Yup
    2004_WCS_Map_Lough_Ree.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

Think you got your wires crossed there Pique-thats Lough Ree!
    I live near Rooskey,and work for Ordnance Survey Ireand,the state mapping agency.
    According to the 1:50000 map of the Discovery Series(no.33) the County Boundary of Longford/Leitrim/Roscommon is in the middle of the River Shannon,about a mile to the south of Rooskey.
    Hope this helps....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Think you got your wires crossed there Pique-thats Lough Ree!
    I live near Rooskey,and work for Ordnance Survey Ireand,the state mapping agency.
    According to the 1:50000 map of the Discovery Series(no.33) the County Boundary of Longford/Leitrim/Roscommon is in the middle of the River Shannon,about a mile to the south of Rooskey.
    Hope this helps....

You are spot on. I was right with where I said so. Townland is Tomiskey..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gunne

we should start a fundraising campaign to get a statue of lord leitford on the site

Advertisement