Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog's iris partly leaking into sclera?

Options
  • 29-12-2010 3:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

My dog's iris, which is brown, seems, near the inner corner of one of her eye's, to have seeped or spread partly to the white part of her eye. Anyone know if I should get it checked out? She seems fine and it doesn't seem sore, I think she has always had this in her eye before but it was to a lesser extent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Think you better go the vet just in case.

It's better to be safe than sorry! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

This is just discolouration that happens over time in brown eyed dogs. It's more common in dogs with big eyes (Pugs, Cavaliers etc.) and also comes with age. It is referred to as double pigmentation (as opposed to partial pigmentation which is different colours within the iris).

The Pug in this picture shows it very well (I am not associated with this organisation, I just wanted you to see the obvious colour outside the dark ring of the iris)
    http://www.compassionatepugrescue.com/index.php/more

Advertisement