Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buzzing Noise

Options
  • 29-12-2010 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I bought a Sony vpcee3e0e yesterday and now i've noticed that there is a low buzz coming through the headphones when they are plugged in and the laptop is plugged into the charger. Its constant and really annoying and im wondering is it something im doing thats causing it? Is the laptop faulty? or is this the same for all laptops of this model? Can i stop it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭greensocks13

Any help really appreciated?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I bought a Sony vpcee3e0e yesterday and now i've noticed that there is a low buzz coming through the headphones when they are plugged in and the laptop is plugged into the charger. Its constant and really annoying and im wondering is it something im doing thats causing it? Is the laptop faulty? or is this the same for all laptops of this model? Can i stop it?

Dirty Power. Or a faulty charger.

Had that problem before. Got worse and worse, the charger shorted and died eventually, the 2nd charger I bought had the same problem but it also ****ed with the trackpad and the metal contacts (USB ports, Headphone jacks) would statically shock you on contact. Never was sure if it was 2 defective chargers or dirty power, but the 2nd one to this day, no matter where its plugged in, causes the trackpad and shock symptoms, I use a new 3rd charger now. Its likely the original home I used the first 2 in caused damage to the bricks.

Dirty power can be regulated by certain surge protectors but it might be worth an Electrician's estimate if you are noticing this problem in other devices or areas of your home. Try the laptop somewhere else, like a coffee shop. Meanwhile dont plug it in at home until you test that out, as it could be damaging the brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭greensocks13

Wow, Thanks a million!
    I tried a friends sony laptop charger and the the buzz was gone!
    It must be a faulty charger so? I wont plug into it again in case it causes any damage and hopefully the shop will sort me out with a better charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

sounds like the best plan. if the problem happens in a new charger, call an electrician

Advertisement