Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

haunted houses in Ireland

Options
  • 29-12-2010 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

If you know of any haunted houses/places in your area let me know here, post pictures, links and stories.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Tooshjr81

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loftus_Hall

Just to get things started :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Why? You Ctrl + V a book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

These places in Cork City are said to be haunted.
    images.jpg
    St. Kevins(Former lunatic assyulm, closed in 2002)

st_annesgall4.jpgSt. Annes(Also former lunatic assyulm) the end part is said to be the most haunted, the other part is converted into apartments

Picture 022-2.jpg

Apoligies that thier all links, I don't know how to post pictures in posts yet

Grimes wrote: »
    Why? You Ctrl + V a book?
    ???

StereoLove wrote: »
    These places in Cork City are said to be haunted.
    images.jpg
    St. Kevins(Former lunatic assyulm, closed in 2002)

st_annesgall4.jpgSt. Annes(Also former lunatic assyulm) the end part is said to be the most haunted, the other part is converted into apartments

Picture 022-2.jpg

Apoligies that thier all links, I don't know how to post pictures in posts yet
    All The same building? I'm sure that building could tell a few stories... And I look forward to looking up about its history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Sorry for being cynical but usually when someone posts something here that goes a bit like "If you know of any haunted houses/places in your area let me know here, post pictures, links and stories." they are just looking for material for a book they can copy and paste without doing any actual work :D.

Also you will find that most people in the know wont post on this thread because they are afraid you will steal the locations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Tooshjr81 wrote: »
    All The same building? I'm sure that building could tell a few stories... And I look forward to looking up about its history.

Well the red brick and the grey brick are different bulidings obviously, but the two grey brick ones are the same.

You can find out more about the red brick one(St Kevins) here: http://www.abandonedireland.com/skv.html and and the grey one(Our Lady's/St.Annes) here: http://www.abandonedireland.com/ourlady.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Loftus Hall is creepy as fúck,have a doccumentary about it on vhs here somewhere actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

1 Russell Avenue off Jones Road in Dublin. I know two seperate people who've told me stories of seeing the ghost of an old man there, allegedly he's a previous owner called Mr Henry. The people who told me were a couple who were renting the place for a period in the 80's and both of whom saw him and the other was a guy who owned the place not so long ago and never stayed there again after seeing this figure. I've also heard off locals that a guy recently hung himself in the house which was quite eerie.

Grimes wrote: »
    Sorry for being cynical but usually when someonee posts something here that goes a bit like <i>"If you know of any haunted houses/places in your area let me know here, post pictures, links and stories."</i> they are just looking for material for a book they can copy and paste without doing any actual work <a href="{smilies}/biggrin.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Big Grin" smilieid="1" class="inlineimg" />.<br />
    <br />
    Also you will find that most people in the know wont post on this thread because they are afraid you will steal the locations.
    <br />
    Ok I can see where you are coming from but I can assure you I have no intentions of writing any kind of book. This thread was intended for those who like to read about these places on both a local and national scale. My apologies it wasn't my intention to offend anyone here. I also understand that there probably are people here that are well educated in The subject or have written books, if so post a link as to where The book can be bought.

• Advertisement
Advertisement