Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talking Tebow

Options
  • 28-12-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭

Seeing as discussion about the man himself has permeated quite a few threads around here in recent weeks, i figure it merits a thread of its own.

All things regarding the Mile High Messiah here, feel free to discuss why he is the saviour of the broncos or why his footwork and mechanics mean he will never amount to anything, whatever takes your fancy! :pac:

Imo, as i've said in other threads, he's been hugely impressive and I for one am really liking what I see so far

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

spiralism wrote: »
    Seeing as discussion about the man himself has permeated quite a few threads around here in recent weeks, i figure it merits a thread of its own.

All things regarding the Mile High Messiah here, feel free to discuss why he is the saviour of the broncos or why his footwork and mechanics mean he will never amount to anything, whatever takes your fancy! :pac:

Imo, as i've said in other threads, he's been hugely impressive and I for one am really liking what I see so far

unlike Tebow i am not grateful his mom didnt abort him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

spiralism wrote: »

Defintely wouldn't say they were hugely impressive, but they were very encouraging. That Llyod TD was a bad pass that never should have been thrown and it had 'pick' written all over it, and if that were the case the reaction after his first game would have been significantly different. His eye-catching running does distract somewhat from his flaws, but Tebow's always struck me as the sort of character that'll put the work in to be a success. The right attitude is one of the most important things when you're a QB - Brees, for example, isn't physically blessed but his dedication to his craft make him one of the best around. The same may well be true of Tebow one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

unlike Tebow i am not grateful his mom didnt abort him :D

Harsh! haha why though?
    Syferus wrote: »
    Defintely wouldn't say they were hugely impressive, but they were very encouraging. That Llyod TD was a bad pass that never should have been thrown and it had 'pick' written all over it, and if that were the case the reaction after his first game would have been significantly different. His eye-catching running does distract somewhat from his flaws, but Tebow's always struck me as the sort of character that'll put the work in to be a success. The right attitude is one of the most important things when you're a QB - Brees, for example, isn't physically blessed but his dedication to his craft make him one of the best around. The same may well be true of Tebow one day.

Essentially what i think. He's been pretty impressive to be far, maybe he did get away with a few things, but at the rate he's going, he'll be just fine. And with the work ethic and dedication to his craft the lad has he can only get better

ESPN Documentary on Tebow

Worth a gander. the other parts are linked in the suggested videos

Just when you'd forgotten about him :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

He has a future for sure.
    He sold more jerseys on the NFL website then anyone, respect due :cool:

But right now and unless something happens in training camp if I were John Fox Orton is my starting QB

Orton gets some woeful abuse and most of it from his own fans!
    Not elite, never will be but he's up there in the top half of QB's in the league.

Whatever about Tebow's drive and work ethic, it's no more or no less then other professionals. But the media drums it up like he is the hardest worker out there, not so

Which leads me to final rant I posted last year
    I hate the win loss record attached to a QB. Oh Tebow is 1-1 as a starter, that stat is meaningless

• Advertisement

He has a future for sure.
    He sold more jerseys on the NFL website then anyone, respect due :cool:

But right now and unless something happens in training camp if I were John Fox Orton is my starting QB

Orton gets some woeful abuse and most of it from his own fans!
    Not elite, never will be but he's up there in the top half of QB's in the league.

Whatever about Tebow's drive and work ethic, it's no more or no less then other professionals. But the media drums it up like he is the hardest worker out there, not so

Which leads me to final rant I posted last year
    I hate the win loss record attached to a QB. Oh Tebow is 1-1 as a starter, that stat is meaningless

I've always backed Orton and think he's got awful unwarranted stick from our fanbase. He's also Fox's dream QB, a smart, effective game manager, probably better than anyone he's coached and one that suits his run heavy offence down to the ground. That said however, the team has its tent pitched for Tebow now and Fox would land himself in hot water with a large amount of fans from the off if he put Orton back in.

Imo, we'll trade Orton to a team with a QB need, i'm thinking Minnesota, maybe SF. They'll be getting a good player to solve a lot of their problems if that happens and I'll wish him all the best

Tebow has a lot of backing from the fans and the front office and it definitely seems that he's who we want as QB going forward.

Regarding his work ethic, maybe so, but he is one driven fúcker, it has to be said. And to be fair, he does work harder than most, which helps his cause. His improvement from the senior bowl to where he is now is considerable to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

That's a fantastic little documentary. Man crush on Tom Brady aside, I don't think there's another player in the NFL I want to see win it all other than Tebow. What a guy.

Advertisement