Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords spin on New Years Day?

Options
  • 28-12-2010 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Anyone know if this is still on?
    Hoping the roads will stay thawed out for long enough to get a spin in.
    Was planning to get out today but heavy fog made visibility too dodgy around Balrothery / Loughshinny area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

Took a spin around the route today. The ice has been very harsh on the road surface. Very bad between bottom of the Three Sisters through to Oldtown and beyond. I will be using the cross bike for the foreseeable future.
    Will be out on Saturday morning for the usual time. When do we start going over Snowtown?
    Happy New year

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

There usually is a spin on the first Sat in Jan and for the past 5-6 years at least it starts going over Snowtown then !
    Is there any appetite for a group leaving a bit earlier to get a headstart ???
    I've lost so much fitness during the snow and with colds etc will need to use every trick in the book.......

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

RobFowl wrote: »
    There usually is a spin on the first Sat in Jan and for the past 5-6 years at least it starts going over Snowtown then !
    Is there any appetite for a group leaving a bit earlier to get a headstart ???
    I've lost so much fitness during the snow and with colds etc will need to use every trick in the book.......

Count me in for that group

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Staro

Don't think I will make it out on Sat due to pending hangover :-( but might do the winter spin o er Snowtown on Sunday, leaving Skerries about 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭English Bob

Definitely up for this. Was out today & roads are cut up badly but passable. No chance of having a hangover when you've two young kids!! New years eve has changed for me big time!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement