Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone fancy doing some free recording work for me?

Options
  • 28-12-2010 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just putting the feelers out here.

Occasionally people put posts up here looking to record someone as part of their college assignments or just to test out new equipment or their own skills etc (i've worked with a few people here in the past on that basis) and at the moment I'm looking for someone to do some free recording for me, nothing spectacular just acoustic guitar and vocals for a demo.

It'd just be 3-4 cover songs and even if someone could do 1 or 2 that would be great (to be totally honest here i actually have my own little set up and i really wanted to do the recording myself but it's taking me too long and i need this demo done asap so i can get more bookings for gigs etc)...I don't want come across as a cheeky s**t so just to say its only if you think it'd be beneficial to you for the above reasons, equally if i can return the favour (as i've done in the past) by adding a vocal on something for you etc i'm happy to do it.

Thanks in advance!
    DrF;-)

Ps. If anyone who's taken the time to help me get my head around recording (and shown me bits and pieces recently) happens to be reading this - I am tinkering away at what you've shown me and i'm hugely grateful for the help and tips but with time and money running low i need to get this demo sorted pretty much immediately :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭goatboy1000

where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

where are you based?

Hey mate, thanks for the reply...i'm based in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭goatboy1000

Ah, I'm in Galway.
    Other than that I'd certainly have tried to lend a hand.

Yeah thats a pity, really appreciate you considering it anyway! Ironically i was thinking of heading over to Galway (city) for a night or two until the auld car started acting up again...be lucky to reach Athlone in her at the moment.

Cheers again though!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Gel

Hi,

Willie from Poppyhill School of Recording here.
    Our students are back week commencing 10th Jan. If you could wait until after that we could try to help you out.

• Advertisement

Gel wrote: »
    Hi,

Willie from Poppyhill School of Recording here.
    Our students are back week commencing 10th Jan. If you could wait until after that we could try to help you out.

Willie...that'd be great...thanks for the offer, do you think it'd be long after the 10th?

I'll drop you a pm.
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

i can whistle by mouth can almost do any tune and do wonder sometimes what it would sound like done from a recording session.

patwicklow wrote: »
    i can whistle by mouth can almost do any tune and do wonder sometimes what it would sound like done from a recording session.

'F**k your Mitsubishi, i've a horse outside' ...eh!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

DrFroggies wrote: »
    'F**k your Mitsubishi, i've a horse outside' ...eh!! :rolleyes:
    sorry if i offended you, i was,nt taking the piss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Actually, the way the "Irish Music Scene" works - the way they all want to be famous. And ape anything they think will make them "successful". I would say this will be the year of Crystal Swing/Rubber Bandits/Artic Monkeys bands.

I just hope the Irish indie bands who jump on the bandits bandwagon forget to put holes in the spar bags before they pull them over their heads.

• Advertisement

sorry if i offended you, i was,nt taking the piss.
    No...not at all mate...darn smiley icon yokes...knew i should have gone with the smiley wink over the rolleyes ;)

krd wrote: »
    Actually, the way the "Irish Music Scene" works - the way they all want to be famous. And ape anything they think will make them "successful". I would say this will be the year of Crystal Swing/Rubber Bandits/Artic Monkeys bands.

I just hope the Irish indie bands who jump on the bandits bandwagon forget to put holes in the spar bags before they pull them over their heads.

I think i'd be more concerned with the ones who ape Crystal Swing...t'would be a cause for concern indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

It would sound like someone whistling, no? :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement