If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

anyone know the name of this word game?

  • 27-12-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

    this is a game you can play with Scrabble pieces. (no board required)

    Basically you turn all the letters face down in the centre. Then one by one each player takes it in turn to turn up one letter. One at a time. As soon as someone can make a word with the upturned letters, they call it and then take those letters. However, someone else can steal those letters if they can subsequently make a bigger word (by using any of the new letters that are being constantly turned over). All the while trying to make new words from the letters that are being constantly turned over in the middle.
    The winner is decided by who has the most/highest value words at the end.

    It is a very fast paced and fun game. Anyone know what it's called, or is it just a makey-uppy game?