Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Live Gig with Zoom H2 ?

Options
  • 27-12-2010 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

I do a lot of video editing and also work with a local band.

I have recently bought a Zoom H2 but i was wondering what the best way of recording a live show.

How do you connect it to a soundboard ? (what adapters etc. ?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Should just be a case of RCA pair to stereo 3.5mm TRS. Readily available everywhere, commonly used for connecting MP3 Players to Hifi units.

Make sure you are on the master out and check your levels in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

Just saw this thread now. I have some recordings that would be of use to you:

Zoom H1 recorded 24/96k wav, recording level eventually set to 15. This is recorded in Frank Ryans Bar, Smithfield. The H1 is set recording and hung off the ceiling. Distance to band is about 2.5 to 3m. This is not a huge loud gig - you don't leave with tinnitus and you can still talk to the person beside you without roaring in their ear. (I was unable to meter the sound).

I found the the auto recording levels are a complete pain for gigs. They kick in after 20 seconds (?) and completely bugger up your levels at the start of a song.

Archive of gigs is at http://www.frankryans.com/franks-tracks/

Leave a comment there if you would like more information.

Advertisement