Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plastic macbook another harddrive?

Options
  • 27-12-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭

i think i know the answer to this question but is there a slot in a 3 yr old white macbook for a second harddrive?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hehe, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭timefora_J

You can if your willing to use your superdrive externally in an enclosure and your handy with a screwdriver ;)

This is what you need

http://store.mcetech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=OBSXGB-MB15&Category_Code=STORHDOPTIBAY

I was thinking of doing this to my black macbook which is from 2008. You could have a small SSD where you current harddrive is for the OS and bit and pieces then maybe a 500gb where your superdrive is for all your movies,music, backups etc.

I don't use my superdrive a whole lot and using it externally wouldn't be that big of a deal but your needs may be different.

Advertisement