Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

itunes home sharing

Options
  • 27-12-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

hi i have an issue, went to sync my itunes on my PC with Mac and found that the PC no longer detects the mac library?

itunes on my mac can detect the pc library no problem and copy songs from it it, but the PC does not see the Mac?

Can anyone shed any light on how to resolve this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

eoferrall wrote: »
    hi i have an issue, went to sync my itunes on my PC with Mac and found that the PC no longer detects the mac library?

itunes on my mac can detect the pc library no problem and copy songs from it it, but the PC does not see the Mac?

Can anyone shed any light on how to resolve this?

Thanks

Firstly, A MAC IS A PC. Secondly, have you checked that the itunes on both machines are the same version? Maybe it could be a driver issue on the Windows machine? Is it recognised as a mass storage device under "My Computer"? If not, then no amount of fiddling around with itunes will help. We need to work from the bottom up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Check your firewall on Windows. It may be blocking incoming connections for iTunes or Bonjour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Naikon wrote: »
    Firstly, A MAC IS A PC. Secondly, have you checked that the itunes on both machines are the same version? Maybe it could be a driver issue on the Windows machine? Is it recognised as a mass storage device under "My Computer"? If not, then no amount of fiddling around with itunes will help. We need to work from the bottom up here.

Yes I am aware technically a mac is a pc, but in coloquial terms pc refers to a windows based system, so I used it

it was working, so not sure its a driver issue, itunes is the latest version as it updated the other day. I have researched it and all the articles refer to this file sharing & showing up as a network resource (the mac that is) but I have had it before like this.

I hadn't though this was an issue as the mac recognises and can share with windows version but not vice versa.
    Check your firewall on Windows. It may be blocking incoming connections for iTunes or Bonjour.

I had checked this out, I use comodo firewall and it did not seem to be blocking itunes, but I added it as an exception anyway. I will add bonjour also.

Thanks for the time guys.

Advertisement