Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discount for Late Delivery

Options
  • 27-12-2010 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there lads. Just a quick question.

What is Apple's policy on discounts to people who have lost money due a fault on the delivery side of a product?

I ordered a MacBook Pro on Monday, 6th December, from their website. Strangely the package was only sent over here and UPS took over the delivery of it on the 20th of December. A cock up by UPS meant my Mac was put on the wrong plane and sent all over Europe and has been In Transit departing from Tamworth on the 23rd and hasn't had any update since. We have been in contact with UPS and they say it was sent over in a boat on Christmas Eve but won't be unloaded until Wednesday due to the bank holidays.

This is the kicker though. I saw in the Newspaper yesterday that Currys were offering the exact same laptop I was ordering on the Apple website for 200 euro cheaper. Would there be anyway that Apple would compensate me this considering I didn't have the laptop for Christmas Day as guaranteed and then could have had the same laptop for 200 euro cheaper before my one arrived.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

Nearly sure you can return any unused apple products within a certain period. You could then go and buy the cheaper macbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭Talisman

It's not Apple's fault that UPS messed up the delivery so there is no chance of you being compensated by them. Neither will they price match a Currys discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Talisman wrote: »
    It's not Apple's fault that UPS messed up the delivery so there is no chance of you being compensated by them. Neither will they price match a Currys discount.

But they guaranteed delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say. Call em up, take the stance that you love apple stuff and are really dissapointed, considering not buying Apple again rather than the "###k you, you suck" approach and you might do well. They might not refund you 200, but maybe you could get an apple store voucher or something?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, contact Apple and complain and see what they say, I guess. They'll certainly take it back and refund you. However, as already said, they won't match Currys price so there's no point even mentioning that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement