Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Authoring Questions (Vegas to DVD Studio Pro)

Options
  • 27-12-2010 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Ok so I like to use Vegas for editing, but I havent found any DVD authoring software that I like the templates for on windows, so I was going to use OS X for that part. It appears that iDVD and DVD studio pro dont like the MPEG2 files I made with Vegas, despite them being DVD compliant. Any tips on how I can make the MPEG 2 Renders work with iDVD, or am I better off going with MPEG4 at a real high bitrate?

I've also tried Sony DVD Architect and noticed that it wanted to reencode the damn DVD MPEG2 files I created in Vegas!!!! Later on I found that there is another MPEG2 profile specific to DVD Architect.

Basically my goal is to create a nice DVD menu using templates as I dont have much creative skill haha. I dont really care if its Mac or PC so I'm open to ideas, suggestions. Ive generally found the Apple templates prettier so I have gravitated towards them in the past. This isnt for commercial\pro use, I'm just putting a DVD together for a friend. The source files are DVs of Hi8 tapes, captured over firewire via a sony D8 camera.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

nudge

Anybody want to weigh in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

I use Vegas every day, and I use Architect to burn the footage to DVD. I haven't really ever had problems with it. I render the files to MPEG2 and then render the audio seperately as an AC-3 file. As long as they have the same name and are in hte same folder, they'll link up automatically in DVDA.

Also, you can put markers in the Vegas file before editing it and these will be your chapter points when burned to DVD. It's easier than trying to do it in DVDA.

There is a bit of rendering in DVDA before the burning starts, but it's usually not longer than 10 mins for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

any thoughts on templates, maybe with animation for DVDA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

DVDA has some templates in it; don't think there are any animated ones though.

Personally, what I do is use photos of the event in question as a background for the main menu and the scene selection menu. If there aren't any photos, I just grab a still from the footage in Vegas, spruce it up in Photoshop, and use that. It takes less than 2 minutes and looks grand in the end.

Advertisement