Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone heard back from the NIAS?

Options
  • 27-12-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

For those of you who applied for the paramedic in training programme up north...

Have ye heard anything yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 thewander

Not sure but I am currently on the first course. It's very tough but brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Is it all theory at first?

I'm in the second course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 snowlegend

Hey, I'm still waiting to hear from them

Had my medical in November and have heard nothing since?????

:(

Hi guys, just received my police check back last week, when did all of yours come back?????

Any ideas what dates the next groups are?

Starting 10th MArch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 mad1c

hi, any idea how many candidates are taken per class or when the courses start?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Yeah I heard back recently saying that I was in group 12 and that there was over 150 people above me on the list. They also said that they estimate that they will start around 100 people. Its possibe that a few people will have moved on others will not pass vetting/medicals or interview so there is a slim chance that I might hear something back, but I wont hold my breath.

Well done to the people who have just started- keep us posted!

Got a similar letter myself, hard to figure any time scales out though, any idea how many are in each class even?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 thewander

Theres 18 in mine. Last exam on Wednesday then headin out to the big bad world. Cannot wait! Time in the Training school has been tough. Good mixture of theory and practical but very excited about getting out there and doing the job for real.

Best of luck on Weds to all your class, hopefully more of us will get to this stage too, enjoy your time on the road too, hopefully you get stationed somewhere that suits ya...

• Advertisement

Anyone that got letters recently know whats the story with recruitment now or is it just a case of wait and hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 loughran

Hi all, yep i got a letter a few weeks saying im in group 8 and that i have a high chance of being contacted for the next stage of the process. I have my c and d1. hopefully i will get contacted :) anybody know what are the next few stages or what the interview consists off?

Anyone know if the first 2 classes recruited had anyone from the South in them or were they all from the North??

Hey there not sure about the first course, but everyone on this course is from north

Cheers, how's it going for ya? tough?

Anyone else wondering if there's gonna be another class??

Rumour has it an intake in dec and march 12...who knows? I hope so

I hope ur right, all I'm hearing is the panel expires in Oct.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Airsoftmedic

Are ye talking about the Paramedic in training programme in the Northern
    Ireland Ambulance Service?

Are ye talking about the Paramedic in training programme in the Northern
    Ireland Ambulance Service?

Sure are, 2 classes in outta a proposed 4, no one seems to know what the story is, or if they know it's being kept quiet....

• Advertisement

Looking like December and March ;)

fingers crossed... mind me askin, how good's your info??

I'm a Parmedic there :o

I'm a Parmedic there :o
    Can't get better than that, thanks for the head's up..

Another month and still no word, methinks this ship has sailed...

Got a letter about a month ago 2 say panel extended to october 2012...not sure were that leaves the whole thing :/

Correct :(

Can't really see a class going ahead in December at this stage, and with the extension of the panel I'd say March is unlikely too.. :( Guess the rumour mill got this one wrong.. Back to the drawing board methinks....

rang nias yesterday, apparently there will be letters out within in 2 weeks??? i hope there right and not lying 2 stop me ringing them al the time :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement