Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealextreme Gear!!??

Options
  • 27-12-2010 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭

Just came across this! Would anyone take their chances on gear at these prices!? :) US$ 33-43 (= approx € 26-33) for the full kit delivered depending on size etc! The website is definitely reliable anyway, but I can't speak for the clothing quality! :o
    sku_52235_1_small.jpgsku_52249_1_small.jpgsku_52239_1_small.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I dont know but I'm guessing that this gear is going to be Chinese copies......a bit like the various sellers on eBay (such as here, or here...).

That said, its being sold thru a website so perhaps I'm wrong.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g0g

Ah yeah no doubt they're fake, but assuming the padding would last and the sizes aren't way off it'd be a handy cheap way to get winter long bottoms. I have to confess I kinda like the look of the discovery channel kit too :o

.....are hard to find, but - as has been posted on here by others recently - some of the pro-teams sell off older gear and very good prices. See here for an example of a route to get good gear, cheaply (limited size ranges available).

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭pantani

how are the skil shimano for size ,cause i bought stuff from cycledeal.com and their large fits me and im medium in any other size?:cool:

I'm told (by another Boardsie who took delivery recently) that they are 'true'.............but I'll know for sure in a week-10 days when I get a delivery...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Never realised DX do cycling gear. Just order saxo bank set, came in at €25.53 Ill post back when i receive it and let you know the quality.

logistic wrote: »
    Never realised DX do cycling gear. Just order saxo bank set, came in at €25.53 Ill post back when i receive it and let you know the quality.
    Thanks would be interested to hear back how you find it! Some of them look very loose on the images but I'm assuming (excuse any racial assumptions!) they're using small Chinese people to model all sizes!

g0g wrote: »
    Thanks would be interested to hear back how you find it! Some of them look very loose on the images but I'm assuming (excuse any racial assumptions!) they're using small Chinese people to model all sizes!

You know the same thing crossed my mind when i seen the pics. Lucky Im abit more chunky than the bloke in the pics!

I just got my Skil Shimano stuff in the mail and I have to say its great value at the knock-down prices on offer. Size-wise, I couldn't get XL bib shorts, so went for XXL and they seem fine. My young lad (14) got a Small size jersey and its about perfect, so overall the sizes look 'honest'.

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I just got my Skil Shimano stuff in the mail and I have to say its great value at the knock-down prices on offer. Size-wise, I couldn't get XL bib shorts, so went for XXL and they seem fine. My young lad (14) got a Small size jersey and its about perfect, so overall the sizes look 'honest'.
    Does "bib shorts" mean they're the type that go over your shoulders or just around your waist? Also is the padding reasonable enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

do you normally take an XL? What waist size are you (don't answer this if you don't want to :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Does "bib shorts" mean they're the type that go over your shoulders or just around your waist? Also is the padding reasonable enough?

Bib shorts are the ones that goe over your shoulders. Don't even consider the other type is my advice.

Blaaman, you will be the only Skil Shimano jersey in Waterford I would say, it will be easy to spot you out on the road now.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ant

Does "bib shorts" mean they're the type that go over your shoulders

That's it, alright. See the relevant Wikipedia article for more info.

The clue is in the title.....:D

christeb wrote: »
    do you normally take an XL? What waist size are you (don't answer this if you don't want to :p
    34 (36 depending) normally XL but these XXL are fine
    Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Bib shorts are the ones that goe over your shoulders. Don't even consider the other type is my advice.

Blaaman, you will be the only Skil Shimano jersey in Waterford I would say, it will be easy to spot you out on the road now.

Shorts, but I doubt I'm the only one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Bought a replica Skil Shimano from PBK last year, causes confusion when I'm riding near Stamullen.

Finally received my order on Friday from dealextreme. Have to say im very surprised with the quality and the chamois. At the price im going to place another order.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

Finally received my order on Friday from dealextreme. Have to say im very surprised with the quality and the chamois. At the price im going to place another order.

What is the sizing like? I was just looking at M measurements there in the SaxoBank stuff and it seems to be small.

poochiem wrote: »
    What is the sizing like? I was just looking at M measurements there in the SaxoBank stuff and it seems to be small.

I went with the large and it fits perfect

Are the tights/shorts bibbed ones or without?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I went with the large and it fits perfect

What's your height and weight? I am always a medium but they say on the site the medium is up to 1.75 and i am 1.90!

• Advertisement

Not bibbed and im about 6ft3 and about 79kg

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Got the 2010 Skil top and its excellent value. I have order the 2009 and an XXL bib. Worth the investment.

Advertisement