Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 2004 hanging due to copy/paste

Options
  • 27-12-2010 12:48pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I've Googled this, but not really found any clear answers. If I'm working on a document (or even in a new blank document) and right click to copy/paste Word/Powerpoint hangs and I've to force quit. The same thing happens if I'm trying to paste in from another source. Keyboard controls for copying/pasting work, however so that's OK. I had an essay deadline recently and didn't want to tinker with things in case I deleted the wrong thing or messed up the installation, but I'd like to sort this out now, if possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Is there any software updates you could run??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

None for Leopard or Office.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

OK...so, I spent about an hour on the phone about this, 15 mins to Apple then around 45 minutes to Microsoft, both helpful and patient, to be fair.

We uninstalled Office 2004, reinstalled it and got the updates bringing it up 11.6.2. I tried to repair the disk permissions the other day, also. However, the right click problem remains. So, the MS guy suggested creating another admin user on my Mac which I've done and I don't experience the issue there...so what do I do? It's not a major problem, but being able to right click to spellcheck, etc is useful.

If I decide start using the second user account what's the best way of transferring my files? I have a lot of stuff under Mac HD so that's OK and accessible, but what about users/black oil/music/itunes/dowloads/videos, etc, do I have to move that? I would guess not since both accounts are admin, a bit like two users on Windows being able to see each other's My Documents? I don't mind re-importing stuff into iTunes, but if I am moving stuff, how can I do it correctly so that the second admin account doesn't become corrupt or whatever has happened to the one I'm on now. :confused: The idea being, that if I do move stuff I might eventually delete the current admin account in case it's fecked.

Advertisement