Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2009 #89 draft pick

Options
  • 27-12-2010 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭

This is just a small example of what Bill Belichick does. Wheeling and dealing at its best.

- In 2009, the Patriots held the #89 overall pick. They traded it to Tennessee for their 2010 2nd rounder, which became the

- 2010 #47 pick. The Patriots traded this to Arizona for

- 2010 #58 & #89. The Patriots traded #58 to Houston for

- #62 and #150, with which they drafted Brandon Spikes and Zoltan Mesko.

- The Patriots traded #89 to Carolina for their 2011 2nd rounder, which has now become the #33 and first pick in the second round of the 2011 draft.

To summarize, patient trading turned #89 in 2009 into Spikes, Mesko and the 2011 #33. I'm going to follow this pick from here on. I can see Belichick trying to build a whole team off of it.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Read about this over on PatsFans where it first popped up, but yeah, Belichick is a genius when it comes to drafting. Those getting their knickers in a twist over where the Raiders finish are panicking over nothing. That pick will be somewhere between 12 and 15 which really makes no difference to Belichick. He'll get the best value out of it for the good of the team no matter where it is, I trust him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Impossible to argue with Bill being the best GM in the league. the man is just a genius, to be able to run the franchise like he does and still be as good a game day coach as he is makes him the greatest ever imo. And i don't say that lightly.

Advertisement