Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman wakes up in coffin!

Options
  • 27-12-2010 2:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

Christmas Eve they stick her in a coffin and then on Christmas Day embalmers working on the woman's body notice she's still breathing and rush her to hospital where they declare her alive.
    Brazilian woman wakes up in her coffin hours before she would have been buried alive.

THE old woman seemed at death’s door when she arrived at the hospital.
    And after treatment, doctors reluctantly concluded that no more could be done to save 88-year-old Maria Das Dores Conceicao.
    On Christmas Eve they signed her death certificate, giving the cause as high blood pressure and clogging of the arteries, and sent her off to the funeral parlour.

A funeral parlour worker saw movement and noticed an 88-year-old woman was breathing as he prepared her for burial

And from there she would have been taken to church for burial but for one significant fact. She wasn’t dead.
    Workers preparing the body for interment noticed that Mrs Conceicao appeared still to be breathing and was twitching slightly.
    They raised the alarm and she was swiftly returned to the Brazilian hospital which had declared her deceased.
    Doctors gave her emergency treatment while she was still in her coffin, and yesterday she remained clinging to life in intensive care, having missed her funeral scheduled for 5pm on Christmas Day.

Maria Das Dores has now returned - IN her coffin - to the same Municipal Hospital that declared her dead

Her granddaughter Noeme Silva Amancio, 31, was among the first family members to welcome Mrs Conceicao back to life. She said: ‘When I got to the hospital’s emergency first-aid entrance, I sighted grandma in her coffin, which was inside the funeral hearse.
    ‘She was breathing and moving about more than when she had been initially hospitalised.’

Management of the hospital at Ipatinga, in the state of Minas Gerais, are investigating how staff almost managed to ensure Mrs Conceicao was buried alive.
    She has a history of high blood pressure, vascular disease and Alzheimer’s, and had part of her right leg amputated in November.

Her daughter Custodia Amancio said: ‘We are happy to know my mother is alive and unhappy with the lack of respect shown to her.
    ‘We are still not sure if we will sue the municipality and hospital. She continues in the intensive ward treatment sector and we are praying that she will improve quickly.’

Source

That's it, I'm sticking it in my will that I want to be buried with a mobile phone: they'll work six feet under, right?

It's either that or cremation (cue nightmares tonight now).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

She's 88.

At that age, you're better off dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Hugh Hefner's not far off that and he says different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

never mind re read ur post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Jaysus:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Was she ticked off when she realised all her blood had been replaced by embalming fluid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

What is it about South America and general mentalness.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Hugh Hefner's not far off that and he says different.

He says that, but I bet his cock doesn't even work anymore.

Grimes wrote: »
    What is it about South America and general mentalness.

General Mentalness took over most of South America in 1976 & has been a dictator ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I've heard of being late for your own funeral. But not even turning up,? Now that's just wrong..

robbie1977 wrote: »
    How will you bring your mobile phone with you if your dead.:confused:

You can request things to be placed in your coffin when you're buried.

Few beers, a torch and some KFC might also might be a good idea, just in case the signal is not the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

sort of ironic int it. Mr Playboy can't get a hard-on

**** i'm a young man and i can't one, looking at playboy.

You can request things to be placed in your coffin when you're buried.

Few beers, a torch and some KFC might also might be a good idea, just in case the signal is not the best.

Does KFC improve your mobile signal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Spore

Been happening for ages

No, satisfies your appetite while you're waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

No, it generates oxygen in confined spaces.

Or is it methane?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

She's be ok.

Didn't this happen to an aul wan in Bray a few years back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The Mailonline ran the very same story this time last year.

Its a story resurrected annually, although there's probably a little truth in it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

This is where the expression "Saved by the bell" comes from.

Throughout history, there are cases of bodies being exhumed and scratch marks being found on the inside of coffin lids.

So, gravediggers would place a bell atop the grave, with a string attached that went down to the coffin and was tied to the corpses' finger. If the person was alive, the bell would ring as they moved. They would then be dug up & thus were Saved by the bell".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

blow of a hammer then stuff her back in

reminds me of Serpent and the Rainbow, but that was some ju ju sh!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Being burried alive... one of my biggest fears :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Reasons like this are why I want to be cremated. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

That's it, I'm sticking it in my will that I want to be buried with a mobile phone: they'll work six feet under, right?

Once its not meteor.
    Although after the funeral it would be hard to convince them your fine and its really you, "dig me back up quick im nearly out of credit"

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Bad news for necrophiles everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not true. I heard it runs constantly.

Not your ornery onager

No but too much of it can make you obese

starbelgrade
    He says that, but I bet his cock doesn't even work anymore.(Hugh Hefner's)

esel
    Not true. I heard it runs constantly.

Another sign of old age

Bad news for necrophiles everywhere.

No just wait a week before digging up your new partner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Giselle
    No, it generates oxygen in confined spaces.

Or is it methane? :confused:

Yes too much will generate methane for certain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

This is where the expression "Saved by the bell" comes from.

Throughout history, there are cases of bodies being exhumed and scratch marks being found on the inside of coffin lids.

So, gravediggers would place a bell atop the grave, with a string attached that went down to the coffin and was tied to the corpses' finger. If the person was alive, the bell would ring as they moved. They would then be dug up thus were Saved by the bell".

Yeah this is true and its an Irish tradition, it was common that people would use pewter plates and foods with a high acidic content would often draw the lead out causing poisoning and making people to go into a coma like state. So Irish people would often fear being buried alive, this is where the Irish 'wake' comes from where people would have a drink, sing, play music and have a party that would 'wake the dead'.

There was a famous case of a woman who lived once and buried twice in my home town in county Armagh http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marjorie_McCall

Advertisement