Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fighting Game UFS cards.

Options
  • 26-12-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

On one of my regular throwing out sessions back here in Galway I have stumbled across a large box of Ultimate Fighting System cards.
    For those not aware of its existence it's sort of like Magic: the Gathering or Pokémon, but it's entirely based on Fighting Games. Samurai Showdown, Darkstalkers, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter and King of Fighters are all represented.

The game is actually pretty clever and fun, but myself and Dunjohn have long since stopped playing it and so these cards are just sitting here rotting.
    Does anyone on this fine forum want to take them off my hands for the low low price of free? They'll just be thrown out otherwise.
    There's some sealed decks and rules included for those who've never played before :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Keep the around & bring them to sessions?

I'd say "gimme" but I'm afraid of collectible card games (random boosters sucked my money so hard, I could've bought 2 consoles!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Keep the around & bring them to sessions?
    I'm trying to cut down on my possesions at the moment, so holding onto them is exactly what I do not want to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If no-one bites, put them on Adverts.ie -> Free stuff.

The cards are kinda nice, right?
    So it'd be a shame to just throw them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Well, if you're up for the WoH in January, I might consider taking them off your hands to donate to the game soc in Trinity. They're sure to be put to some use there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Although I am quite late to this topic; I quite like card games, so I'd be happy to take them off your hands.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Played similar games for years but pretty much done now. UFS is supposed to
    really good game system.

Although I am quite late to this topic; I quite like card games, so I'd be happy to take them off your hands.

Sounds good! :D What's the next event you'll be at? I'll drag em along.
    EDIT: Sorry, Voa! UberPrinny seems a little more sure to take em.
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Played similar games for years but pretty much done now. UFS is supposed to really good game system.
    It did have quite a nice system. It's a real shame it never took off.
    The basic gist is that each player makes a deck around a character. Each turn basically corresponds to that person going on the offensive in an actual fighting game by stringing attacks together. The defending player has to try to block each of those attacks, and if they can, interrupt the opponent's combo and start their own.
    Often cards are designed in such a way that it's easier to combo them if they're played in a similar order to how those moves combo in the real games, so it's all pretty nifty :)

Sounds similar enough to Sirlin's games. Definitely want to give these a go.

I spent quite a lot of Christmas playing 4 player Puzzle Strike, and it was an absolute blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I've been on the lookout for more UFS stuff so I certainly wouldn't mind giving them a home (though I probably live farther away from you than anyone else on the forum).

Is it really worth getting rid of them though? Do you have SO many that it's taking up significant space?

I plan on heading for Japan this year so I'm getting rid of pretty much everything I'm not bringing with me.
    The next event I'll be at is Wheel of Hype on the 8th. Will you be around Baal?

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    The next event I'll be at is Wheel of Hype on the 8th. Will you be around Baal?

I wasn't planning on it, but I will now to grab these cards
    Cheers man! :D

Time to go practice Hazama!

Advertisement