Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokéradar

Options
  • 26-12-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Yo, gots me my shiny new shiny radar!! Anybody ever actually got a shiny thru chaining??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm greatly confused. Do explain.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Do you mean using the pokeradar to try to find a shiny in Diamond/Platinum/Pearl? I've never managed to get one, but then I never really had the patience to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Never worked for me even after some mammoth chains but if I recall correctly Buzz got one. Or tried miserably and failed. Or didn't try. Definitely one of those three. Might have been back on Wiffy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I tried to do it but either lost patience or something annoying popped up and broke my chain. Some really helpful videos on YouTube though I you're stuck. The Rng method works better if you really really want to be guaranteed a shiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Sorry for the late reply but yea thats what I mean. I dropped everything to chain for shinies soon as i got my national pokedex in platinum but I only ever got to 21 roselia its a pain in the ass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The Rng method works better if you really really want to be guaranteed a shiny.

That's the thing though. With the Radar and Masuda methods there are no guarantees, so you feel like you've earned it. With RNG the only barrier is your ability to count, so if you screw it up you feel thick but there's no feeling of accomplishment when you get it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I'd feel achieved for the RNG tbh :P I managed to breed a shiny with it before once, but the whole flawless IV's/catching shinies with it..it all goes over my head.

I love chaining though, before the RNG made it pretty pointless I chained all the time, my biggest was almost 300 and the other two in my poketch werent far off :) I wrote a guide for it too, but maybe videos would be better :pac: Its easy once you get the hang of it, dont give up! :)

Advertisement