Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on snowboarding clothing for a beginner

Options
  • 26-12-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'll be going snowboarding at the end of Jan and was wondering where could be recommended for beginners clothing (ie any good sales on at the moment) and also if the clothing in aldi is generally of good quality as they have some gear there tomorrow

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

In general the Aldi gear will do you just fine...

Prob worth a look in TK Maxx also i would say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Kinda depends where you are going.
    If you are going somewhere relatively low altitude that doesn't get extreme cold then aldi stuff probably ok. If you going somewhere very high altitude with extreme cold then higher end stuff probably advisable.

I'll put it to you this way - the recent cold here - at first I wass wearing an aldi jacket and was fine - good for -5,-6,-7 but below that I started to feel the cold and by -10 I felt I needed my Salomon jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Id personnally get a better quality jacket than the ones in Aldi as in the long run its worth it, Especially with the recent cold weather and it might be like that every winter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You can always just put on more layers. Once you've got a water proof top layer then stick some thermals and a fleece on under than and you'll be good to go. Worry about buying more specialized gear once you know you'll be going back.

Unless you have some money burning a hole in the pocket, in which case...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭prunudo

Also worth thinking about is getting trousers with good waterproof qualities. As a beginner you'll be spending a good bit of time on your backside and nothing worse than having a soggy ass!!

You should try and check out 53 degrees north, in Blachardstown as they are having a massive sale up there, up to 75% off some items

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jemm

Thanks a mil for all the advice

Advertisement