Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion? Mods - boards.ie

Options
  • 26-12-2010 2:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

Considering we are just coming out of what has been the coldest years with the heaviest snowfalls this century and cold levels unheard of in decades it has been an historic weather spell.

For historical purposes and future researchers into the history of our country and its inclement weather, I think that boards.ie should download the two mega snow threads (Jan and Dec) onto disk and donate them to National Library of Ireland for archive. Never before in Ireland would there have been such an in-depth discussion on the weather from the ordinary citizen, complete with situations faced, fun had etc.

If it were a book it probably would be longer than the bible and the two threads are a unique uncensored record of these events from the viewpoint of the ordinary person and their struggles throughout.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Wouldn't fit on a DVD unless you remove the "Will Cork get snow today?" posts. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The threads are only representative of snow bitches.

Those of us who hate the stuff and the frozen pipes and the compacted ice with no grip and who have to taxi the elderly neighbours about were greviously underrepresented :(

As a record of the impractical defending the unwanted it stands out like a beacon of idiocy ....and most egregiously so in Cork where they seeem not to know any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I didn't post much about the horrible weather as I think most of the regulars here know how I feel about it.

It is simply snow lovers wanting more snow and will it snow in [insert location]?
    Then others who are sick of it and most of the people who were and are sick of it didn't feel the enthusiasm to post much about the snow.
    I know it was unpopular at the start to not want cold weather but I think those attitudes thawed somewhat :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Those type of threads are basically an extension of after hours that only happen when we have extreme weather and are usually devoid of any meaningful or interesting debate or conversation.

Advertisement