Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Weather Related Christmas Gifts.

Options
  • 25-12-2010 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭

Hey People! , hope everyone is havin a great day. Dont drink too much 2nite ha!

So , did anyone get anything weather related for christmas? :)

Heres mine from the family.
    ( I think they know well now what im doing next May! ha :D)
    140852.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Let us know if Reed Timmer's book is any good. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Santa's late with my weather station :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Yep - Mr Robinson got me one of those Aldi weather stations. I think I need to relocate the outside sensor though. Just fecked it out onto the window ledge for today as I wanted to set it up quick. It's -3.9 on the window legde and a toasty 20.9 in the living room. 20% humidity outside and 32% inside. Air pressure is 1026 hpa and the weather forecast is Cloudy. I've been giving the family updates on the hour. They are not amused. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

PauloMN wrote: »
    Santa's late with my weather station :(:(:(:(

Ahh no way!... Hope ya get it soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

are they still selling them now?

• Advertisement

serenacat wrote: »
    are they still selling them now?

I don't think so, hubby got it about six weeks ago and we were in there last week and they had none left. They will probably bring them out again though - they tend to do that with their electrical stuff. Keep an eye on the website as they list all their "specials" Think it was about 30 quid, you can't connect it to a pc or anything but i'm delighted with it so far. I'm comparing the data with the Dub Airport station which is 2 miles from me.

Dub airport = 4.1c 1017 air pressure 75% humidity
    H2U's garden = 4.5c 1016 air pressure 81% humidity
    My weather station is forecasting rain and judging by the radar rain is indeed on it's way so that's pretty accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

got this for christmas

140997.jpg

140998.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Sant really delivered...

WH1080, set it up thisevening.... NICE :D

Vremenska-postaja-WH-1080-PC---USB--PC-program--zunanja-enota---novo--garancija_4c0fb362d6eb7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I don't think so, hubby got it about six weeks ago and we were in there last week and they had none left. They will probably bring them out again though - they tend to do that with their electrical stuff. Keep an eye on the website as they list all their "specials" Think it was about 30 quid, you can't connect it to a pc or anything but i'm delighted with it so far. I'm comparing the data with the Dub Airport station which is 2 miles from me.

Dub airport = 4.1c 1017 air pressure 75% humidity
    H2U's garden = 4.5c 1016 air pressure 81% humidity
    My weather station is forecasting rain and judging by the radar rain is indeed on it's way so that's pretty accurate.

As far as i know the forecasting on that type of station is based entireley on the atmospheric pressure. In my one it is anyway, although it seems a bit dodgy in forecasting the last few months, think the barometer is broken! Anyway, it shows rain and -13 at the same time which i don't think is too likely!!!

As far as i know the forecasting on that type of station is based entireley on the atmospheric pressure. In my one it is anyway, although it seems a bit dodgy in forecasting the last few months, think the barometer is broken! Anyway, it shows rain and -13 at the same time which i don't think is too likely!!!

I'm going to keep a daily tracker so will know how accurate it really is. It's got 1 out of 1 right so it's at 100% accuracy at the mo...lol...I'm sure that will change.

• Advertisement
Advertisement