Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can really cold weather affect car immobiliser?

Options
  • 25-12-2010 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Hi folks i have a Nissan Almera 03 car was running perfect until the cold spell started @ end on November had problems starting the car, Initially thaught it was the spark plugs or Leads so had them changed, That didn't make a difference so had a diagnostics done few days back saying it was the an Immobiliser fault...
    Now when the temperture did rise mid december for a day or 2 the problem would go away but when it goes anything under -6 the Engine management light comes back on . . .
    Just wondering if anyone else is having similar problem during this cold snap?
    Effect rather (: So has anyone got some suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Don't think it's possible.
    I have 03 Nissan Primera, and -22 cold snaps didn't cause any problems.
    I've never seen any car that would have problem with immo due to cold weather.
    Check your coolant if it isn't freezing? Maybe you don't have enought antifreeze in it.

Advertisement