Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books wanted

Options
  • 25-12-2010 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭

Greetings one and all, hope you're having a good day. As I cook dinner, I thought I'd get in an early post.....

Right, following on from a less-than-fully-successful wish list of books for Christmas, (based inpart on recommendation on here in another thread) I'm looking to pick up on a few titles. If anyone has a spare/unwanted copy of any of the following, please get in touch by PM, specifying price sought, condition of book and whether hardback/paperback etc:

1. The Cyclist's Training Bible by Joe Friel - 4th edition
    2. Fallen Angel: The Passion of Fausto Coppi by William Fotheringham
    3. In Search of Robert Millar: Unravelling the Mystery Surrounding Britain's Most Successful Tour De France Cyclist by Richard Moore
    4. No Way Down: Life and Death on K2 by Graham Bowley
    5. We Were Young and Carefree: The Autobiography of Laurent Fignon by Laurent Fignon
    6. The Death of Marco Pantani: A Biography by Matt Rendell
    7. The Rider by Tim Krabbe & Sam Garrett
    8. Bad Blood: The Secret Life of the Tour de France by Jeremy Whittle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Hi Blaaman, I have almost all of these but am not parting with them. However, I did pick the vast majority of them up from bookdepository.co.uk. Free delivery to Ireland and I think they are still 10% off at the moment also. Many of these books cost between a third and a half what they would in the book center in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭Junior

If you are looking for some of this stuff, you could check out Vibes and Scribes at the bottom of Patricks Hill in Cork, it's one of the best book shops I've been in, full stop. I've picked up some great stuff down there, both new and second hand, they also books back, so you can try sell them some stuff back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

OK, thanks - I'll check that out when next in the southern capital.. :)
    As I couldn't await, I went and ordered 1 5 and 6 from the list with Amazon.....but still interested in the others if they become available

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭backtobass

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    OK, thanks - I'll check that out when next in the southern capital.. :)
    As I couldn't await, I went and ordered 1 5 and 6 from the list with Amazon.....but still interested in the others if they become available

You should get "Fallen Angel" an absolutely great story of Fausto Coppi's Life, very sad and tells you how strong the catholic church were in Italy at the time,never mind here.Best cycling book i've read for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

I understand from your post that you are a collector, but for those readers who are not, I got five of the above list in the library and the longest I had to wait for one was about a 10 days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement