Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Christmas from Boards Weather

Options
  • 25-12-2010 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Happy Christmas from everybody associated with the board.

If i may, i wish to thank everybody for what has been a truly exceptional year. for the true total weather dedicates. To the snow addicts and to all. The amount you have added to the forum is amazing.

It is astonishing to see such an avid interest in the weather be taken up by suchc a large amount of people.. At numerous occasions over the past month we have at in excess of 1000 people viwing the forum at one time, with almost 1 million viewers of this thread.

It is exceptional and without you contribution it would be absolutely nothing.

Thank everybody so much.

A few special names, black briar, MT, DM2, Trogdor, Su Campo. Deep Easterly, nacho libre, Danno ,macq and there are soo so many more.. unfortunately in cannot remember you at this instant.

But thanks to all.. So much..:D

And YOU the average user have made us what we are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Happy Christmas from everybody associated with the board.

If i may, i wish to thank everybody for what has been a truly exceptional year. for the true total weather dedicates. To the snow addicts and to all. The amount you have added to the forum is amazing.

It is astonishing to see such an avid interest in the weather be taken up by suchc a large amount of people.. At numerous occasions over the past month we have at in excess of 1000 people viwing the forum at one time, with almost 1 million viewers of this thread.

It is exceptional and without you contribution it would be absolutely nothing.

Thank everybody so much.

A few special names, black briar, MT, DM2, Trogdor, Su Campo. Deep Easterly, nacho libre, Danno ,macq and there are soo so many more.. unfortunately in cannot remember you at this instant.

But thanks to all.. So much..:D

And YOU the average user have made us what we are.
    happy christmas too all of the experts,thank you for letting us share your interest/hobbie/work,whatever it maybe&makeing our lives a little bit easier by knowing too expect the good&bad of weather,so too you all & too the rest of my fellow bordies i wish you a happy&peaceful christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Seeing as it's Christmas I won't object to being called average. :D

Happy Christmas everyone.

PenguinChristmascakeimages-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

This is easily the best forum on Boards. It's very well run with none of the usual crap that features so frequently on other forums.

The forecasts are consistently excellent and the information is provided (and interpreted) by extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic individuals.

I rely on forecasts a lot for flying, both private and commercial, and this forum is always my first port of call. The information I glean here has an actual effect on my day to day - that's something I can't say about any other forum I visit.

Keep up the good work lads.

Happy Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

thanks everyone for everything over the year, has been very interesting sincet he first time i came on here on new years day this year! happy christmas everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Just like to lend my support to the excellent contributors and boards forums, the weather forum especially, obviously.

May 2011 be as exciting. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

Yes thanks to everyone who made this forum the best. Happy Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Happy Christmas to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

gbee wrote: »
    Just like to lend my support to the excellent contributors and boards forums, the weather forum especially, obviously.

May 2011 be as exciting. :)

May? Thats a bit early for an exciting heatwave. What long range forecasts are you looking at? ;)

After 36 years on the planet, we finally got our white Christmas :D

Yes, ideally it would have been a mild Nov/December till Tuesday, getting seasonally frosty Wednesday and Thursday with a 6 inch fall everywhere in the country last night and with a quick thaw on Monday. That way, the magic wouldn't have been slightly soiled by all the hardship over the last few weeks. But Hey, we can't have it all!

Mothaf'in White Christmas Yo.....Ho Ho :D

Sorry Waterford. You peaked too Early!! :D

Merry White Christmas to One and All!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Merry Christmas and happy new year
    loved this site all through December you all have kept me entertained it's
    like a drug hot summer months just dont give me a buzz love the cold extreme weather.

Cheers everyone have a good one :D:) :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Happy Christmas to all, hope you had a great day but remember there are 12 days to Christmas so enjoy all of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Better late than never - I just want to express our (me and drIndy) appreciation for the great job the weather mods do - in our quiet little backwater, this is easily the busiest forum, it's a testament to the lads that there are very rarely any complaints. Well done, thanks everyone for your contribution in 10 and all the best for 2011.

Advertisement