Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracking Santa

Options
  • 24-12-2010 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking on this, moreso last year than this year, but I wonder.

The American defence network are overly nice giving children the inside track on following Santa using their NORAD technology. What if this is more to do with gathering information than pandering to childrens need for real time updates on the whereabouts of the great fat one.

After all we are opening up our computers to this wonderous technology, we are inviting the tendrils of a nations computer defence network into our very homes, what else are we unwittingly doing?

It's a thought that crossed my mind when my computer froze while hooked up to this beast. I have nothing to hide and I will answer most questions to most people, provided they ask and not obtain information and interprit the results themselves, for their own ends......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

their NORAD technology. What if this is more to do with gathering information

No such thing as "Their NORAD Technology", NORAD is the name of the institutes "North American Aerospace Defense Command-NORAD", what exactly would Canada have to gain also considering it is a vital part of NORAD, remember this was all built to deal with the USSR.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Well that's ok so, my mind is at rest, ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

THis is just a propaganda exercise to indoctrinate kids around the globe about US military being a "good thing" at a very young age.

THis is just a propaganda exercise to indoctrinate kids around the globe about US military being a "good thing" at a very young age.
    Wouldn't it be easier to buy them Red, White and Blue candies?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

And then they reach their teens, realise Santa isn't real and the US military spend most of their time killing people. Illusion ruined. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

gizmo wrote: »
    Santa isn't real

take it to the conspiracy forum

nevermind. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

The lads are doing a great job tracking santa, showing all the young kiddies that they are a great bunch of guys, another avenue to pursue along with all the hollywood movies where the buck stops at the great president who along all the good guys, superman, santa maybe?, etc are here to help mankind and the world live wonderful happy safe peaceful lives.

Some kids grow up to realise it was all a big scam, some don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

really lads,does everything to do with the goverment have to have a sinister and hidden agenda.

this is beyond ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Is anything as it seems to you people,anyone can make a conspiracy out of any situation,why is it the most far fetched of all outcomes seems to be the easiest for yous to believe,I like to read this forum out of curiosity as to what people are prepared to believe in but sometimes I just have to think what.....the........f##k,is there anything that doesn't have a hidden agenda,once again yous outdo yourselves,merry Christmas,peace to all on earth and planetx

Not a 2012 fan then?.......:p

• Advertisement

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Is anything as it seems to you people,anyone can make a conspiracy out of any situation,why is it the most far fetched of all outcomes seems to be the easiest for yous to believe,I like to read this forum out of curiosity as to what people are prepared to believe in but sometimes I just have to think what.....the........f##k,is there anything that doesn't have a hidden agenda,once again yous outdo yourselves,merry Christmas,peace to all on earth and planetx
    Aw, that's a bit harsh. Christmas is actually Conspiracy Theorists favourite time of the year as it's the one time they can blame the Jews for something they actually did...

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Does anybody know how the tracking works ? and is it the same thing that is used to track planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

gizmo wrote: »
    Aw, that's a bit harsh. Christmas is actually Conspiracy Theorists favourite time of the year as it's the one time they can blame the Jews for something they actually did...

Don't you mean Easter?

nullzero wrote: »
    Don't you mean Easter?
    ****, religifail :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Snowc wrote: »
    Does anybody know how the tracking works ? and is it the same thing that is used to track planes.

Simples, when a News Media in the world reports on Santa that night or in whatever locality NORAD then just stick a "Santa Icon" on their web world map, same goes for people logging onto their website and saying they "saw" Santa so NORAD will then place another Icon over the area where the e-mail came from.

They have a nice little History about it, back in the 50's CONAD ( NORAD's ) previous and up to today would launch a Fighter from either CANFORCE ( Canadian Air Force ) or the USAF ( United States Air Force ) to "Intercept" Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Steyr wrote: »
    Simples, when a News Media in the world reports on Santa that night or in whatever locality NORAD then just stick a "Santa Icon" on their web world map, same goes for people logging onto their website and saying they "saw" Santa so NORAD will then place another Icon over the area where the e-mail came from.

They have a nice little History about it, back in the 50's CONAD ( NORAD's ) previous and up to today would launch a Fighter from either CANFORCE ( Canadian Air Force ) or the USAF ( United States Air Force ) to "Intercept" Santa.

Thanks for the explanation I tried google put couldnt get an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Steyr wrote: »

Yea fuel was much cheaper in the 50's, intecepting santa was a great idea, did they actually ever intercept him or did somebody somewhere make a doozy and send them off in the wrong direction?

I think they still use the stick a "hijacked airliner" icon on a map, maybe all the times in the 50's that they couldn't find santa put them off trying to intecept anything.

Advertisement