Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Reason Reindeers Fly So High

Options
  • 24-12-2010 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

Reindeer Eat Magic Mushrooms to Escape Winter Boredom, Scientist Claims
    It's no wonder Rudolph and his reindeer pals can fly: scientists say they have found that the animals regularly eat magic mushrooms to get high, The Sun reported Wednesday.
    Scientist Andrew Haynes says reindeer deliberately seek out the mind-bending fungi to escape the monotony of dreary, long winters.

Writing in the respected Pharmaceutical Journal, Haynes said: "They have a desire to experience altered states of consciousness."

"For humans a common side-effect of mushrooms is the feeling of flying, so it's interesting the legend about Santa's reindeer is they can fly," he continued.

Haynes also said that in some parts of the world herdsmen drink reindeer urine to get high themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Haha

I've seen that in a documentary before.
    Crazy fuckers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I stopped reading at 'The Sun'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Must tell my nephews and nieces not to bother leaving a carrot out for Rudolph anymore so, but some magic mushrooms.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Rosicky7 wrote: »
    I stopped reading at 'The Sun'.

Pity Icarus wasn't so wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Santy is behind them with a whip and a can of oil.

I'd be flying high too if I had someone behind me whipping my arse on christmas eve

• Advertisement
Advertisement