Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To drive or not to drive...

Options
  • 24-12-2010 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Down in Gorey with kids, wanting to get to Dublin on Christmas eve to see grandparents...What are my chances? Rear wheel drive, van....Hate to spend Christmas on our own...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Try get the train tomorrow maybe if you dont want to drive. The trains to dublin aren't supposed to be too bad i've heard, it's the ones from dublin are the problem at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

If it's the N11 the whole way you'll probably be OK, provided the gritters have been out and no more snow. Roads here are in filthy condition tonight because the snow was very recent but they were fine before that, because the grit was very effective with little snowfall.

If you're comfortable driving a little more slowly and cautiously the whole way up, and there aren't a rake of evry bad stretches of road in between (not knowing the N11 too well) then you should get up fine. Don't risk it if you're gonna be out of your depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Siobh2010

Thanks one and all for advice, checked out trains, but none over the 26th or 27th back down. So drove today, and it was really good! Get to spend Christmas with my family for the first time in 18 years!! Merry Christmas everyone!!

Advertisement