Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bounce problem.

Options
  • 23-12-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Right so when i have the mix in pro tools ready to go its sounding grand but the second i bounce it out onto the desktop and listen to it threw laptop speakers the mix sounds muffled and ****.... Anyone any idea wtf is going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭goatboy1000

Did you try routing it through a stereo aux and from there on to a stereo track and just recording the mix onto that track inside Pro Tools? Then just export that region onto the desktop.
    It shouldn't make a blind bit of difference to the sound but it's a good way of making sure everything is routed properly and all that.
    Is there a chance your settings are wrong on your bounce to disk window?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Did you try routing it through a stereo aux and from there on to a stereo track and just recording the mix onto that track inside Pro Tools? Then just export that region onto the desktop.
    It shouldn't make a blind bit of difference to the sound but it's a good way of making sure everything is routed properly and all that.
    Is there a chance your settings are wrong on your bounce to disk window?

Bouncing at stereo intervealed, out stereo 1 an 2 with a flat eq on the mixer at 44.1khz, at most i get 0db on the vu meter on my mixer when its bouncing.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Obi-Jim

Bouncing shouldn't affect the sound (not in the way you describe anyway). Does it play through the speakers while it's bouncing? If it does, then what you hear is what the file will end up sounding like. Anywho, I'm pretty sure you can rule out the bouncing as a reason for it sounding muffled, unless you've got some weird software glitch with a million to one chance.

Any other avenues of investigation you could take?

You 100% sure the mix sounds good? have you compared it to other commercial releases on your systems? maybe you could post the bounced file and we could have a listen to see what it is that's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Stupid question- before you bounce, you're monitoring on the same speakers as after you bounce, right?

madtheory wrote: »
    Stupid question- before you bounce, you're monitoring on the same speakers as after you bounce, right?

......ah... no laptop speakers. Hmmm that might be the problem alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

That's whats most likely wrong with it. Laptop speakers aren't great and have a bad frequency range.

Try mixing with a good pair of earphones or monitors.
    If you mix with a bad set of speakers, it may sound good in those speakers but when it comes to playing them in some monitors or earphones, its when the real frequencies come to shine that may be ignored when mixing in laptop speakers.

Hope this is comprehensable... had a few drinks.

Thats grand buddy cheers, have a good christmas.

Advertisement